StackHawk’s Engineering team is seeking an experienced Java software engineer to work on StackHawk scanner tech as well as contribute to the ZAP OpenSource project. In this role, you will work directly with the Product teams to design and implement core DAST scanner features as well as deliver functionality and improvements to the open source parent project. You’ll be a key member of a small growing team that will revolutionize application security by reducing complexity, providing actionable recommendations, and empowering software engineers to take control of their application security. If you enjoy the challenge of designing and creating all new product features and contributing to OSS, this is the role for you.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with stakeholders, making key technology decisions.
- Help design and deliver improvements in both functionality and speed to the core StackHawk scanning product.
- Contribute to support OSS ZAP projects, by implementing and improving core and add-on features to ZAP.
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do.
- 5+ years of experience in SaaS software development and design.
- Happy to have public domain feedback and eyes on your code.
- Proficient in either Java/Kotlin/JVM.
- Experience with Maven/Gradle project management and build tools.
- Proficient in REST API design principles and tooling such as Swagger and Postman.
- Experience with backend web application frameworks (Spring, Play, Express.js, etc...)
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, TravisCI, Maven, Gradle, etc..
- Obsessive about automation.
- Persuasive - Bring others to their point of view using logic, data, and emotion. Have a formal process and framework by which to make qualitative and quantitative points, not just using emotional appeals
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that you're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals. Knows that security is a supporting function of any business and the difference between binary security and scale security