Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading product discovery platform for publishers and brands. Our award-winning solution allows users to discover and purchase products on the publisher sites they visit daily. We provide 2500+ merchants and retailers with unmatched exposure through product listings and shoppable articles. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for readers. We’ve helped over 1,000 publishers monetize with commerce, including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and more.
- ETL - Dive deep and understand all our ongoing data connections, kick the tires and make sure the data is flowing correctly
- Lead - Design, implement, and deliver on large-scale, critical, or difficult data solutions involving a significant amount of work
- Build - Scalable data infrastructure and understand distributed systems concepts from a data storage and compute perspective
- Validate - Ensure the accuracy and availability of data to customers and understand how technical decisions can impact their business’s analytics and reporting
- Reporting - valuate all our ongoing reporting tools, improve and streamline our systems so the team is able to get better answers more quickly
- 3 years of experience with Python, SQL, and data visualization/exploration tools
- Familiarity with AWS, RedShift and RDS
- Familiarity with Looker, Tableau or other business intelligence tools
- A deep passion for data. You will be a key player in our growing data ecosystem
- Communication skills, especially explaining technical concepts to non-technical business leaders
- Comfortable with new and emerging technology
- Very technically savvy
- Fiercely Independent
- Highly entrepreneurial and wants the opportunity to grow within the role and company
- Highly effective at communicating with team members in a remote environment and is comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
- Thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment and enjoys wearing many hats
- Possesses mature and measured judgment, and the ability to solve problems on their own
- Is a self-starter and will go after new opportunities independently
- Goals Driven
- Deadline driven and operates well under pressure
- Highly analytical and enjoys the challenge of reaching and exceeding revenue goals
- Understands KPIs and other key business metrics to measure success
- Has the ability to continually identify new growth opportunities
- A Fast-Learner
- Interested in the affiliate marketing space and up-to-speed on the latest trends
- Comfortable with data and thrives using new and emerging technology
- Loves Excel and using data and pivot tables to make savvy business decisions
- Energized by creating order out of chaos
- Excellent at taking large amounts of data and making sense of it
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Loves numbers, formulas and all things “spreadsheets”
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Homework Assignment: We will send over a quick writing exercise that challenges you to solve a problem and come up with creative solutions. Get a feel for what you’ll be doing on a daily basis!
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 2-3 team members on a video call. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know our President over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets, and team culture events (even while remote!)
By the numbers...
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.