Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading ecommerce product discovery platform for publishers, merchants, and brands. The Stack solution allows users to discover and purchase products on the publisher sites they visit daily. We provide 2500+ merchants and retailers with unmatched exposure through product listings and shoppable articles. For publishers, we power white-labeled e-commerce shops with on-site checkout for readers. We’ve helped over 1,000 publishers monetize with commerce, including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and more.
StackCommerce is looking for a sales professional to help onboard new digital business accounts into our marketplace of 200+ top stores. This role will include sourcing, pitching and closing merchants (digital products) whose offers would perform well in the StackCommerce marketplace. StackCommerce offers these merchants an opportunity for ecommerce sales and editorial coverage across Tier I publisher sites (i.e. CNN, Good Morning America, TMZ, Mashable, NY Post, and more). You will be reaching out to, talking with, and closing 6-figure promotions and events with SaaS, software, app, game, online course, and other digital product creators. This position reports directly to the SVP of Sales.
What You’ll Do:
- Cultivate relationships with new vendors digital products
- Scour the web to find the most relevant digital partners for our marketplace
- Be a contributing member to the core StackCommerce sales team
- Immerse yourself in the tools StackCommerce uses daily to function cross-departmentally at a high level (Salesforce, Asana, Slack, Loom, Mixmax, etc).
- Be held to revenue goals, sales activity metrics, and win goals.
- Leverage up your sales knowledge with book clubs and in-depth weekly trainings/coachings
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of dedicated business-to-business (B2B) inside sales experience.
- Experience canvassing and cold-calling into businesses, including negotiations with directors and above level contacts.
- Experience with ecommerce buying/partnerships, flash sales, affiliate promos and digital products.
- SalesForce experience.
- Direct cold email and phone sales experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proven track record in business consulting and selling.
- Proven experience selling SaaS products or digital marketing solutions.
- Action-oriented, motivated and the previous results of demonstrated success.
- Ability to close 6-figure daily deal promotions.
- A proven hungry closer who loves the startup life.
- eCommerce Experience
- You were a top revenue performer at a previous organization
- You are well-versed at Salesforce
- You enjoy sourcing and discovering cool trending eCommerce products
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Homework Assignment: We send over a quick exercise that challenges you to solve a problem and come up with a creative solution. Get a feel for what you’ll be doing on a daily basis!
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 7 team members on a video call. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know our COO or CEO over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” Thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Weekly happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets, quarterly company “Hack Days”, monthly birthday celebrations, and team culture events (even while remote!)
- When We’re Back at the Office:
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
By the numbers...
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQIA+, GNC, and NB individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.
StackCommerce is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.