We are looking for an experienced UI Designer for our team. As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic, results-driven and enjoy a high-change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of our customers, internal stakeholders, and business partners. This role is a member of the Product team.
What you’ll do:
- UI Design. Create and enforce design quality standards, that lead to cohesive and delightful user experiences. You’ll work closely with UX, product, business, and engineering teams to add outstanding visual and UI design across web, mobile. Your designs will be seen by millions of users each month.
- Collaborate. Close coordination with UX Director to develop a shared vision of a product and then lead a process to define the visual design to deliver on the product’s objectives.
- Think creatively. Don't be afraid to explore non-conventional approaches to address conventional problems.
- Problem-solve. Strategize & execute on how UI helps solve complex problems across multiple apps. Evaluate quality on both design-centric and data driven metrics in regular reviews.
- Apply your skills. Partner with UX to develop strategically sound and holistic user-centered design with excellence, leveraged across all touch-points. Ensure designs and interfaces communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across a wide range of deliverables.
- Passionate. You live and breathe design. You regularly stay up to date on design trends and enjoy learning new skills as a designer. You have a passion for the user’s experience and the ability to execute that with meaningful and elegant visual designs. Love what you do and have some fun in the process.
- Analytical. You have deep knowledge of user-centered design and usability best practices. You understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies), and steer the direction of future creative designs. You are able to backup your design decisions with meaningful data or reasoning.
- Experienced. Proven experience leading and growing design teams; Experience in managing workload against resources and competing priorities, successfully working with leadership and cross-functional teams. You have a great UI portfolio, outstanding design and execution skills.
- Collaborative. Have conviction to champion your perspective but able to successfully collaborate with other points of view. Effortlessly collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to provide concept visualizations, prototypes, specifications, and ultimately high-resolution assets for beautiful user interfaces in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience designing for large-scale ecommerce or SaaS platform
- Ability to translate wireframes into outstanding visual/UI design
- BA/BS degree in Design or similar background or equivalent practical experience
- Advanced understanding of CSS, HTML5
- An online portfolio demonstrating conceptual thinking and creative problem solving
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in UI design
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback from multiple teams/owners
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision
- Experience in utilizing the principles of design, color theory, typography, and graphics file creation optimized for online
- Experience designing for responsive platforms
Benefits + Perks:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation: Flexible schedule
- Allowances: Stack Coupons (buy items at cost), $500 towards eLearning, monthly Book allowance, and parking reimbursement
- Free Food & Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge for breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice
- Equipment: MacBook + 27” thunderbolt display, plus all of the beach equipment needed to enjoy all that Venice has to offer (bikes, surf boards, basketballs, volleyballs, corn hole, etc.)
- Events: Annual Company Cruise, Annual Stack Olympics, Annual Dodgers Game, Annual hosted White Elephant, Holiday parties, Monthly Birthday Parties, Monthly "External" Happy Hours, weekly internal Happy Hours and much more!
- Dogs: Stack is a dog friendly office and is very proud of all of our furry stackers!
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is on a mission is to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 5.5 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal's 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.