With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments.
The Chief Safety Officer (CSO) is responsible for leading the development and oversight of a comprehensive safety program. The CSO oversees the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with safety regulations, safety standards, & best practices; monitors and manages safety risks; assures the implementation and effectiveness of safety risk controls; and promotes safety as our foundational value in all aspects of the organization.
What Success Looks Like:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive safety strategy tailored to the unique challenges of the autonomous trucking industry
- Lead the continuus improvement of safety protocols and policies in alignment with industry advancements and best practices
- Drive a safety culture within the organization, ensuring that safety considerations are integral to decision-making at all levels
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate safety measures seamlessly into the product development lifecycle
- Stay up to date of emerging technologies, research, and trends in autonomous vehicles to proactively address potential safety concerns
- Help manage Safety Advisory Council and internal Organizational Safety Committee
- Ensure safety case conformance and oversee safety compliance program
- Collaborate with teams for robust safety case development
- Navigate safety standards (ISO 21448, SAE/AVSC, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, etc.)
- Contribute to the development and implementation of vehicle safety regulations by engaging with policymakers from agencies such as FMCSA, NHTSA, and relevant state and local authorities
- Oversee concern identification, resolution, reporting, and government inquiries
- Develop roadmap for scalable safety activities as business grows
- Integrate safety principles across company development, testing, and deployment
- Communicate complex safety issues effectively to a diverse global team
- Possess strong ownership, ability to work independently, and collaborative teamwork
- Familiarity with ISO-26262, systems engineering, and automotive regulatory experience
- Experience in ADAS or autonomous vehicle safety preferred
- Proficient in G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong leadership, collaboration, analytical, and organizational skills
- Experience interacting with federal agencies such as NHTSA, NTSB, FMCSA, as well as state and local regulatory authorities
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics or a related technical field
- Ability to travel to Stack offices and test locations as necessary
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.