With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments.
What Success Looks Like:
- Design mechanical solutions to integrate sensors and computers into autonomous vehicles.
- Develop innovative solutions for sensor cleaning and cooling in autonomous vehicles.
- Test and validate designs for use on vehicles.
- Evaluate supplier component designs, specify requirements, and test plans.
- Take technical ownership of hardware delivery through the full development cycle.
- Work cross functionally with a team of stakeholders to define requirements, architecture and system design.
- Present mechanical solutions to cross functional teams.
- Architect and greenfield novel solutions for mechanical and electronic integration into vehicles.
- Collaborate with suppliers and OEM partners on designs and solution sets.
- Perform sensor field of view analysis, and static / dynamic tolerance simulations.
- Travel required to visit vehicle bring-up and test facilities for hardware debug and initial integration as well as to visit the facilities of suppliers, manufacturers, and OEM partners.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or a related field.
- Proficient in CAD tools such as CATIA, Solidworks, Creo, NX or an equivalent design tool.
- Experience with specifying acceptable mechanical tolerancing limits.
- Experience with PLM tools and document revision control.
- Familiarity with a broad range of manufacturing processes.
- Experience working through an entire product development cycle of hardware design.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- “You have shipped a product”.
- Familiarity with Autonomous vehicle sensors (Radar / Camera / Lidar) and their integration.
- Experience with Ansys or Dassault simulation tools including CFD.
- Experience with automotive EV / DV / PV cycles.
- Experience performing environmental and shock / vibe testing.
- Experience with thermal analysis.
- Experience with Catia and Enovia/3DS tools.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.