With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments.
The Developer Experience team works with software engineers across the org and implements efficient, robust, and developer-friendly workflows for delivering state-of-the-art software for self-driving systems. We work on everything from the build system to web tooling. The ideal candidate is the type of person who notices inefficiencies anywhere in the system and can’t help but refactor them.
What Success Looks Like:
- Develop, maintain and optimize our build and devtools infrastructure.
- Work side by side with devs on other teams to understand their needs and to help automate, verify, or accelerate common time-consuming tasks.
- Proactively identify and prioritize inefficiencies in the developer experience, and solicit feedback from others across the org.
- Document and message out new solutions as they are implemented.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the development of our software projects.
- Implement and track metrics systems to ensure that internal SLAs are met.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in build systems and devtools, and help drive the adoption of new technologies that make the team more efficient.
- Help build a culture of software engineering excellence and learning.
- Strong customer-oriented development approach.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with software engineers and other stakeholders.
- Experience with Bazel is a huge plus.
- Experience with CI/CD systems at scale is highly desired.
- Fluent in modern programming languages such as Python, C++, Go, Java, or Rust.
- Track record of gathering developer pain points and translating to robust developer solutions that improve speed and effectiveness.
- Developed and shipped developer-facing products for software engineering efforts.
- Strong software engineering background.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.