With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments.
What Success Looks Like:
- Design electrical distribution systems for autonomous vehicle applications
- Responsible for designing automotive-grade harness and interconnects
- Manage Bill of Materials for electrical distribution systems
- Release design packages to external partners and ensure successful delivery
- Diagnose integration issues and provide adequate solutions
- Transition designs to prototype houses and manufacturing facilities
- Test and qualify designs and concepts for use on vehicles
- Evaluate and specify supplier component designs, requirements, and test plans
- Take technical ownership of hardware delivery through the development cycle
- Work cross functionally with a team of stakeholders to define requirements, architecture and system design
- Present electrical solutions to cross functional teams
- Architect greenfield novel solutions for electrical interconnections on vehicles
- Collaborate with suppliers and OEM partners on designs and solution sets
- Travel as required to visit vehicle bring-up and test facilities for hardware debug and initial integration as well as to visit the facilities of suppliers, manufacturers, and OEM partners
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience at a vehicle OEM or Tier1 supplier preferred
- Experience with 2D & 3D design tools (CATIA, Solidworks, Zuken)
- Experience with PLM tools and document revision control (Enovia, 3DEXPERIENCE)
- Experience working through an entire product development cycle of hardware design
- Experience with high-speed communication buses in automotive environments
- 5+ years of electrical engineering design experience
- “You have shipped a product”
- Familiarity with Autonomous vehicle sensors (Radar / Camera / Lidar)
- Experience with automotive EV / DV / PV cycles
- Experience performing testing and validation of automotive electrical systems
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.