With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments.
The Autonomy Performance Evaluation team is responsible for measuring the performance of the self-driving system. This team develops evaluation methods, metrics pipelines and tooling that will be used directly to drive development priorities, system architecture and inform operational domain decisions. The goal is to provide a reliable, highly differentiable signal for the product development team to optimize and use to deliver the best possible product. The team will work to provide a holistic view of the overall autonomy performance.
What Success Looks Like:
- Work in a team to design and develop systems to evaluate the performance of self-driving systems.
- Contribute to the technical direction for the team and work cross-functionally to communicate with stakeholders and solicit feedback from customer teams.
- Write software to run offline simulations, compute autonomy performance measures and aggregate/visualize results.
- Work closely with systems engineers to ensure a safe, well tested product is delivered.
- Collaborate with the various autonomy teams (localization, perception, prediction, planning, controls, etc.) to integrate performance measures for these subsystems.
- Identify bottlenecks and developer pain points and optimize workflows to help create the most efficient autonomy development experience in the industry.
- Provide input to team roadmaps and ensure product features are properly prioritized.
- Be involved in experimentation, design and iteration exercises, and help to align stakeholders by using strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong experience in software engineering and algorithm design.
- Fluent in Python.
- Experience with SQL and C++ a plus.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.