With customers at its core, Stack AV is focused on revolutionizing the way businesses transport goods, designing solutions to alleviate long-standing issues that have plagued the trucking industry including driver shortages, lagging efficiency in uptime per vehicle, overarching safety concerns, high operating costs, and elevated emission levels. By building safe and efficient autonomous trucking solutions, Stack AV is creating better and smarter supply chains for its partners, improving business outcomes for its customers, delivering goods to end-users faster, and ultimately moving the trucking industry forward.
What We're Looking for:
We are looking for people who are passionate about delivering self-driving (L4) products that make the way we move safer, faster, and more efficient. We seek mission-driven, highly skilled people with deep experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing, tech development environments.
The Global Supply Management team is responsible for managing suppliers and commercial issues for autonomous hardware development at Stack. Critical scope of GSM work is cost, schedule, risk mitigation and quality. GSMs key deliverables are commercial agreements, including ED&T negotiation, unit price, lead-time, licensing etc. Stack hires GSMs with strong commercial and technical skills so we can empower GSMs to influence major decisions for the company. GSMs work is very cross-functional, involving communication at the working level and management both internal to Stack and externally with suppliers.
What Success Looks Like:
- Owner of RFQs: Ensures that all commercial terms are agreed upon and documented, including NDAs, T&Cs, PPAs, and other related contracts, before any business is initiated
- Drives piece price and tooling negotiations: Works with suppliers to negotiate the best possible prices for parts and tooling, while meeting all quality and industrialization standards. Also leads initiatives to reduce costs and avoid future expenses
- Manages category management: Develops and executes category business plans, tracks market conditions and technology roadmaps, creates cost models, and develops sourcing strategies
- Monitors industry trends and partners with Engineering: Tracks global industry trends, technology roadmaps, and supply chain challenges. Works closely with the Engineering team to identify and mitigate risks
- Manages supplier relationships: Oversees supplier relationships and performance, including dispute resolution, supplier scorecards, and regular business reviews
- Collaborates with Engineering on design and manufacturability: Participates in design reviews, change control meetings, and other technical discussions with Engineering partners. Also collaborates on Design for Manufacturability reviews with Engineering and prospective suppliers, keeping costs in mind
- Communicates effectively with technical stakeholders: Comfortably communicates with technical stakeholders both internally and externally, building and maintaining relationships with cross-functional teams. Influences timely decisions from key stakeholders to support the company's mission
- Leads cross-functional teams and develops corrective action plans: Leads cross-functional teams to manage project timelines, including developing and maintaining action trackers. Also develops corrective action plans to mitigate identified risks
- Background in managing projects and sourcing Harness, cables, adapters for production
- Demonstrated experience of end-to-end supply chain management: from early engagement with engineering, supplier management, commercial contracts, RFPs/RFQs and product maturity
- Strong experience reducing supplier cost and supplier risk while keeping part quality and timeliness standards high
- Experience working with suppliers to identify and fix quality issues
- Quantitative / analytical mindset to probe, test and decompose challenging system problems into root cause issues with strong, detail oriented skills to solve them
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- A record of successful program management ownership and working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent teamwork, transparency and communication skills
- Prefer candidates with experience influencing part design to use design for manufacturability best practices
- Prefer candidates with experience in addressing supply chains for both prototype environments and large scale manufacturing
- Experience with International suppliers particularly in Europe and Asia
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Up to 20% travel to remote offices, engineering partners, and manufacturing partners
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We believe that diverse teams produce the best ideas and outcomes. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion, entrepreneurship, and innovation across gender, race, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, and identity.
Please Note: Pursuant to its business activities and use of technology, Stack AV complies with all applicable U.S. national security laws, regulations, and administrative requirements, which can restrict Stack AV’s ability to employ certain persons in certain positions pursuant to a range of national security-related requirements. As such, this position may be contingent upon Stack AV verifying a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status. This position may also involve working with software and technologies subject to U.S. export control regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for Stack AV to obtain a U.S. government export license prior to releasing its technologies to certain persons. If Stack AV determines that a candidate’s residence, U.S. person status, and/or citizenship status will require a license, prohibit the candidate from working in this position, or otherwise be subject to national security-related restrictions, Stack AV expressly reserves the right to either consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions Stack AV shall establish in its sole discretion, or, in the alternative, decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.