Sprout Social is looking to hire a Business Development Representative to join the EMEA Sales & Success team, based in Dublin or remotely in Ireland.
Why join Sprout’s Sales & Success team?
Joining the Sales and Success team is an opportunity to accelerate your career. We’re a winning team selling and supporting the leading social media management platform for businesses. Not only do you get to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you also get to work with some of the biggest brands in the world including Harrods, IHG, River Island, Stoneacre Motor Group, and University of Leeds. And the real kicker? You get to design your own career and follow the path that’s best for you. Wherever you want to go, we’re committed to helping you get there.
What you’ll do
- Generate new business by prospecting via cold outreach & social selling
- Use outbound selling best practices to identify customer pain points while driving the value of our product
- Strategically partner with Account Executives to create new business opportunities
- Consistently learn and apply coaching related to sales strategy and processes
What you’ll bring
We’re looking for a customer-focused, highly motivated, and driven individual with a desire to grow and advance a career in sales. You will have an ability to celebrate change and embrace accountability. If you have a proactive customer first mentality with the passion to demonstrate Sprout’s commitment to being a joy to do business with, we’d love to talk to you!
The minimum qualifications for this role include:
- 1 - 2 years+ of sales, marketing or customer service experience OR relevant experience
- A consistent track record of meeting and exceeding goals
Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills - phone, email, and webinar
- Technical expertise and ability to acquire knowledge of new products
- Driven to succeed and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots by:
- Completing Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with the Manager of Business Development to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of Sprout’s Business Development team by shadowing team members, listening to recorded customer calls and working closely with our dedicated Enablement Manager.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Identify and contact prospective clients to build the pipeline through a variety of methods including, but not limited to cold-calling, emailing, and LinkedIn.
- Achieve department standards for activity that includes:
- Creating a professional and engaging first impression with our prospects and customers.
- Creating, maintaining and updating database of prospects with complete information and emails.
- Thoroughly qualify all outbound opportunities and collaborate with Account Executives for a smooth customer experience.
- Making a minimum number of quality outbound calls per day, of which at least 20% of those calls should result in quality conversations.
- Scheduling a minimum number of new quality discovery calls per week.
- Run initial discovery calls to identify customer requirements and expectations in order to make tailored product recommendations.
- Prioritize leads, research prospects and position relevant product features to solve business needs.
- Manage follow-up with calls-to-action to consistently build a sales pipeline.
- Exceed activity and pipeline goals on a monthly basis.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Consistently achieving your opportunity and revenue targets.
- Becoming an expert in all things social media, including advanced listening and employee advocacy.
- Mastering the use cases of successful customers across different verticals and sophistication on social media.
- Consistently reflect on your own skill and development gaps along with your Manager to identify personal and professional coaching areas.
- Stepping up as a leader in the Sales Development organization by mentoring new hires.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Have mastered the necessary skills needed to work a consistent outbound process, including time management, sense of urgency, and account prioritization.
- Be a leader on the floor by sharing best practices and ways that you have been successful as an BDR.
- Have a clear understanding of the SMB Account Executive organization and how to position yourself as an ideal candidate.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Dublin’s city centre, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, we want to provide team members the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. If you prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Dublin location. If you prefer to work remotely from another location within Ireland, we will accommodate you as best as possible.
If you are based in another location within EMEA, we aren’t able to hire in your location at this time; however, if you’d like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we’ll save your application for possible future consideration.