WHO WE ARE
Squire is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses.
Squire is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States, U.K. and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry.
Squire is currently a Series D company and has raised over $165M to date.
For more information, please visit getSquire.com or download the Squire app from the App or Play Store.
SQUIRE is looking for a Director of QA to define and stand-up (then manage) the necessary structure and resources to facilitate the assurance of quality release of Squire products and services, and be prepared to lead from the front until departmental build out.
Head of Engineering
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and stand-up a complete QA department to facilitate the optimal releases of high quality products and services in a timely manner
- Manage the process and people of the QA department
- Defining, sourcing and interviewing candidates to fill self defined roles and responsibilities
- Experience writing and leveraging Test Case creation in appropriate software
- Interface with Product and Operations leadership to address quality issues and bugs
- Recreate less than ideal technical contexts for testing multiple scenarios
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of experience as Director of QA or equivalent
- Must have a great eye for detail
- Must have a deep understanding of how products should behave, considering the end user and how it relates to the market it operates within
- Must have experience with both Manual and Automated test engineering
- Must have high technical background and understand of engineering concepts and principles
- Must have experience applying design thinking principles
- Ready to lead from the front, getting into the weeds before departmental build out
- Has a can-do attitude and can get creative to hit tight deadlines without cutting corners
- 100% Paid healthcare premiums for you and your dependents
- Industry leading Compensation plan
- Opportunity to join a high growth SaaS startup
- Flexible work hours
- 401(k) retirement plan with 4% employer contribution
- Paid parental leave
- Paid company holidays and Paid Time Off
- Fully remote distributed work environment
- Collaborative team with a diverse and inclusive executive leadership
- Fast fun paced work environment with opportunities for growth and advancement
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.