WHO WE ARE
Squire is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses.
Squire is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States, U.K. and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry.
Squire is currently a Series D company and has raised over $165M to date.
For more information, please visit getSquire.com or download the Squire iOS app from the App Store.
SQUIRE is looking for an exceptional Site Reliability Engineer to join our DevOps team. The Site Reliability Engineer will empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions.
Director of DevOps
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health.
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions.
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple distributed software applications.
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
- Ensure infrastructure and services maintain stable, compatible, and supported version levels.
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on business needs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) networking, services, and architecture.
- Knowledge of Terraform Open Source, Terraform Cloud or Enterprise, and the AWS Terraform provider.
- Experience working with the Atlassian suite of products (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience working with enterprise reporting and monitoring tools (New Relic strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc).
- Experience working with configuration management software.
- Knowledge of container-based architecture, management, and orchestration is a plus.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automation (Jenkins preferred).
- A can-do attitude that can hit deadlines without cutting corners or sacrificing structural integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence and an ability for dynamic partnership across departments.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven.
- Able to successfully organize and manage working with an agile team in 2-week sprint cycles.
- Impeccable time management and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to consistently estimate work to hit delivery timelines without losing good work-life balance.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with a strategic mindset.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks.
- Degree not required. Please provide a link to any repos/websites you have demonstrating your work. Provide credentials for me if required.
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.