WHO WE ARE
Squire is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses.
Squire is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States, U.K. and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry.
Squire is currently a Series D company and has raised over $165M to date.
For more information, please visit getSquire.com or download the Squire iOS app from the App Store.
SQUIRE is looking for an exceptional Cloud Database Administrator to join our DevOps team. The Cloud Database Administrator will ensure that data is readily available and can be used to make both human and automated decisions.
Director of DevOps
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own all elements of Database Management including cost, vendor and budget management
- Ensure all database fault tolerance and business continuity
- Ensure high levels of performance/optimizations for all databases and queries
- Architect scalable data solutions
- Implement security best practices
- Design data analytic systems
- Provide proactive monitoring and reporting
- Provide ongoing support for issues and incidents
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on business needs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) networking, services, and architecture.
- Expert level knowledge of AWS RDS, Aurora, and DynamoDB services.
- Understanding of one or more AWS Data/Analytics technologies (Redshift, Lake House, Lake Formation, Glue, Athena, QuickSight, etc) preferred.
- Understanding of DevOps and the role of database management in DevOps.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automation (Jenkins preferred).
- Experience working with the Atlassian suite of products (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence).
- Experience working with enterprise reporting and monitoring tools (New Relic strongly preferred).
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- A can-do attitude that can hit deadlines without cutting corners or sacrificing structural integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence and an ability for dynamic partnership across departments.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven.
- Able to successfully organize and manage working with an agile team in 2-week sprint cycles.
- Impeccable time management and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to consistently estimate work to hit delivery timelines without losing good work-life balance.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with a strategic mindset.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Degree not required - relevant technical certifications are a plus
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.