Senior Accountant JOB DESCRIPTION
WHO WE ARE
SQUĪRE is a booking and payment platform that connects people with great barbers nationwide. SQUĪRE makes it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
SQUĪRE is also the premier management platform for barbershops. Using SQUĪRE, barbers are able to engage their customers, process bookings and payments and better market their business through SQUĪRE's “barbershop discovery” capabilities. Fully integrated with a point of sale, inventory management and payroll systems, SQUĪRE is a one-stop solution for barbershop owners to efficiently operate their business.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States and Canada, SQUĪRE has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry nationwide.
Reid Christian, an investor at Charles River Ventures (CRV) who led the Series B, said that he knew SQUĪRE would be a success when he experienced the product at Rust Belt Barbering in Buffalo, New York. Christian compared SQUĪRE to a “Venmo-like experience” with transactions. He estimates billions of dollars in men’s grooming spend.
As shops broadly reopen, SQUĪRE is in a good, timely spot to be adopted by the masses. For the co-founders, the incoming wave of interest was affirmed a long time ago. For more information, please visit getsquire.com or download the SQUĪRE iOS app from the App Store.
SQUĪRE is seeking an exceptional Senior Accountant to help strengthen our talented Finance team. This is an excellent opportunity for you to work on exciting projects and initiatives as we build a best-in-class Finance org. This role will work closely along the Controller with visibility to both the Director and VP of Finance. We are looking for a motivated performer who wants to join a high-growth technology company.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for preparation and posting of monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining prepaid expenses, fixed assets, intangible assets and depreciation/amortization schedules.
- Manage A/P which includes invoice entry, payments, vendor management, and assistance with accrued expenses.
- Work alongside HR to manage and improve employee expense reimbursement practices.
- Support the Controller in managing annual audits with external auditors.
- Assist with design and maintenance of company policies, procedures, and controls.
- Work with other members of the finance team to identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting and assist with initiatives to implement improvement.
- Ad hoc projects as required by the Controller.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial reporting
- 3-4 years of Big 4 public accounting experience or a combination of Big 4 and relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills and desire to work cross-functionally to achieve common goals
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving capability
- Attention to detail and ability to produce accurate, timely work product
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks Online, and/or NetSuite
SQUĪRE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.