Squire is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses.
Squire is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States, U.K. and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry.
Squire is currently a Series C company and has raised over $100M to date.
For more information, please visit getSquire.com or download the Squire iOS app from the App Store.
At Squire, we’re proud of our product and how it enables Barbers and shop owners to live out their dreams by building successful local businesses. We want to let even more people know how we can help them achieve their dreams and operate their Barber shops better. That’s why we’re looking for a data-driven dynamo to fill our Product Marketing Manager role.
Do you like developing new and creative ways to market companies and services? Are you obsessed about improving conversion and the sales teams industry knowledge? Then you may find a home in our new, certified amazing marketing team.
This position will report to the SVP Marketing.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a continuous and fresh stream of public and internal-facing product marketing content that will:
- Enhance product differentiation vis-a-vis competitive set
- Improve sales conversion and educate consumers of Squires features and benefits
- Support the sales cycle (SDR > AE > Success)
- Leverage data to identify areas of opportunity for product features & marketing initiatives to drive growth, examples include:
- Industry data analysis for vertical product-related and educational content
- Channel based data analysis
- Persona based data analysis
- Support & drive major initiatives such as pricing changes, major product launches, marketplace & app launches and more
- Become the internal expert on the Squire’s products and features to properly market and sell to them and to inform customers of their value and benefits.
- Competitive intelligence + positioning, product analysis and trend insights
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on business needs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA preferred
- You have 5 to 10 years of product marketing and/or product management experience, preferably in an equivalent role at internet or software companies, SaaS companies preferred
- You have a passion for tech and the internet, with a strong awareness of emerging web trends
- Your business acumen is underpinned by serious quant skills all paired with a natural curiosity that makes you a finder of insights
- Your interpersonal skills and messaging creativity are top notch
- You love engaging with customers and writing awesome content
- You know your way around Camtasia with the best of them
- An outstanding communicator who is comfortable interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical people, including senior executives, sales, marketing, development, operations, customers and business partners
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively through influence within a morphing, fast-growing organization
PERKS & BENEFITS
Work/Life Balance: remote work with a flexible PTO policy
Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave
Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental for employee and family, 401(k) with company contribution, free One Medical membership, free monthly subscription to mental wellness apps, monthly Squire credits for haircuts, stipend for home office equipment/supplies
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.