WHO WE ARE
Squire is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses.
Squire is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States, U.K. and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry.
Squire is currently a Series C company and has raised over $100M to date.
For more information, please visit getSquire.com or download the Squire iOS app from the App Store.
We are seeking an amazing person with both law firm and in-house experience to join a dynamic team. SaaS and/or FinTech experience is preferable. The Associate Counsel will be a detail-driven individual who possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills. They must have the ability to manage all aspects of multiple projects. This role will report to the Co-Founders of Squire and assist in the management of our legal and compliance programs.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support leadership with all legal issues that arise within the business and provide sound legal advice to all levels of the organization through complete understanding of the business objectives and risk assessment.
- Provide oversight of the company’s compliance programs (e.g., privacy). They will be tasked with ensuring that the company is implementing the necessary controls to manage for corporate risk.
- Primarily responsible for commercial contract negotiation with Squire’s customers and partners - including but not limited to sales and service agreement, master service agreements, terms and conditions and vendor agreements.
- Serve as an integral member of the corporate sales team by acting as a liaison on contract and other administrative support matters relating to retailer and distribution channel management.
- Clearly and concisely explain terms and company’s position to internal customers/clients and third parties during negotiations.
- Provide support and guidance with employment-related issues that may arise.
- Partner with and manage outside counsel as necessary
*The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on business needs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must love people.
- Must be able to find solutions to get to ‘Yes’ for our business partners and customers.
- Must have temperament to handle fast paced start up culture.
- Must have experience negotiating sophisticated contracts and agreements with highly sophisticated counter parties.
- Strong analytical skills regarding project management issues.
- Previous experience in the FinTech Industry is a plus
- Previous experience in the SaaS Industry is a plus.
- Background working in or supporting the compliance department is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build professional/trusting relationships with teams and communicate with multiple levels of management.
- Experience supporting sales team is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver quality results under pressure constraints.
- Excellent oral & written communication and presentation skills including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience and communicate effectively.
- Strong conflict negotiation and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to manage risk.
- 5-6 years of general corporate law experience - law firm or in-house; a combination of law firm and in-house experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor and JD degrees from an accredited law school are required.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Work/Life Balance: remote work with a flexible PTO policy
Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave
Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental for employee and family, 401(k) with company contribution, free One Medical membership, free monthly subscription to mental wellness apps, monthly Squire credits for haircuts, stipend for home office equipment/supplies
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.