WHO WE ARE
Squire is a booking and payment platform that connects people with great barbers nationwide. Squire makes it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
Squire is also the premier management platform for barbershops. Using Squire, barbers are able to engage their customers, process bookings and payments and better market their business through Squire’s “barbershop discovery” capabilities. Fully integrated with a point of sale, inventory management and payroll systems, Squire is a one-stop solution for barbershop owners to efficiently operate their business.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry nationwide.
Reid Christian, an investor at Charles River Ventures (CRV) who led the Series B, said that he knew Squire would be a success when he experienced the product at Rust Belt Barbering in Buffalo, New York. Christian compared Squire to a “Venmo-like experience” with transactions. He estimates billions of dollars in men’s grooming spend.
When shops broadly reopen, Squire is in a good, timely spot to be adopted by the masses. For the co-founders, the incoming wave of interest was affirmed a long time ago. For more information, please visit getsquire.com or download the Squire iOS app from the App Store.
Director of Credit Risk works with Compliance in assuring Squire’s financial risk is mitigated through the creation of Client Due Diligence and ongoing monitoring programs to implement regulatory, and sponsorship compliance for the Payments product.
Head of Product
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Credit Risk Director will implement and review annually Squire’s Underwriting and Risk policy.
- As Credit Risk Director, you will provide initial review and approval of Squire Clients.
- Under the Payments product, services will include regulatory analysis of transactions and activities, for fraud to prevent losses, report Anti Money Laundering (AML) activity, identify and provide activity for Suspicious Activity Reports (SARS) to the Sponsors Bank as required by Compliance.
- Co-Conduct with Compliance ongoing Client reviews and audits.
- Work with Squire’s third-party vendors to assure compliance with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network’s (FinCEN) Customer Due Diligence (CDD)Program.
- Oversee the education of staff in regard to the AML Policy.
- Review Squire’s policies in mitigating risk to assure proper controls are in place.
- Work with Compliance, and Sponsor bank processors on Fintech/AML initiatives.
- Provide monthly reports on total clients boarded, transaction risk monitoring and any additional reports needed by Executive Management and/or sponsors for audits.
- Advise Management and team on Best Practices related Customer Due Diligence and AML.
The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on business needs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance or 10+ experience working in the above role
- Strong knowledge of U.S. payments risk guidelines and rules; experience working with a regulatory body.
- Experience working with Sponsor Banks.
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) or (CAMS) accreditation preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence and an ability for dynamic partnership across departments.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.