WHO WE ARE
Squire is a booking and payment platform that connects people with great barbers nationwide. Squire makes it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
Squire is also the premier management platform for barbershops. Using Squire, barbers are able to engage their customers, process bookings and payments and better market their business through Squire’s “barbershop discovery” capabilities. Fully integrated with a point of sale, inventory management and payroll systems, Squire is a one-stop solution for barbershop owners to efficiently operate their business.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry nationwide.
Reid Christian, an investor at Charles River Ventures (CRV) who led the Series B, said that he knew Squire would be a success when he experienced the product at Rust Belt Barbering in Buffalo, New York. Christian compared Squire to a “Venmo-like experience” with transactions. He estimates billions of dollars in men’s grooming spend.
When shops broadly reopen, Squire is in a good, timely spot to be adopted by the masses. For the co-founders, the incoming wave of interest was affirmed a long time ago. For more information, please visit getsquire.com or download the Squire iOS app from the App Store.
The Data Analyst will obtain and use deep insights that matter. This position will accelerate our efforts to drive trust, adopt, and democratize insights. The Data Analyst will work closely with the Engineering, Product, Finance, Sales, and Customer Service teams to maintain systems of intelligence empowering product development while uncovering business opportunities from behavioral data. A successful candidate will be both technically strong and be a great teammate, and champion and adopt scalable workflows while streamlining processes.
REPORTS TO Head of Product
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use data, work with executives and other business leaders to identify opportunities for business improvement
- Create reports for internal teams and/or external clients
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data
- Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data
- Establish KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Work with a team of analysts and other associates to process information
- Create presentations and reports based on recommendations and findings
*The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on business needs.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Coding skills in languages such as SQL, Python and/or R
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
- Reporting and data visualization skills using software like Looker, Tableau
- Understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with running statistics in Excel
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Experience with statistical software
- Technical writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot data
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.