About the company
Squadformers was created because we believe that great work can be done better together. Our team is composed of a bunch of creators, designers, and builders by heart and our mission is to accelerate meaningful missions, applying software to areas that really need it.
At the core of Squadformers is the team, or as we like to call it, the Squad. We are friends and colleagues that lift you up when things get tough, challenge you to be a better version of yourself, and respect one another, all while working together on an important mission for the world. Yes. We like to be decent Humans...
We have two types of missions: partner missions, and Squads For Good missions. We use the money from the partner missions to fund the Squads For Good missions because those we do for free. Important missions that urgently need our help, like climate change and inequality. And the partner missions? Those are important, too. We help Silicon Valley startups like Gabb create safer and less distracting technology for kids. We help Bevy create community with their online platform. And we help Compose build a less distracting online world, with more focus and flow. And many more.
About this role
Squadformers is seeking talented, driven Software QA Engineers to join our dynamic team in support of our exciting start-up clientele.
What you'll be doing
- Write solid, usable tests in Cypress (or similar frameworks) that enables the team to automate the testing process.
- Provide quality and usability feedback to the engineering teams in a timely, organized fashion.
- Help to discover issues and monitor fixes and perform regression testing.
- Act as a sounding board to the Squads as you manage test ownership, provide subject matter knowledge, explain best practices, and educate developers on using QA tools effectively.
- Design test cases and write automated tests in Cypress or similar frameworks.
- Maintain and improve our automated test suites
- 3+ years of automation testing ideally in Cypress or similar frameworks.
- 4+ years of hybrid testing exerience with a solid mix of both manual and automation testing.
- Start-up mentality including adaptability and willingness to flex when necessary to meet customer needs
- Hands-on experience with Web and API test automation.
- Strong experience using Git and GitHub.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work up to 40 hours per week during core business hours (Pacific time zone).
- Strong English communication skills including ability to build strong work relationships with a variety technical product managers and developers.
- Basic skills with terminal/bash and scripting skills.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- W2 full-time
- Generous PTO accrual
- 100% remote work
- FSA and Dependent-care savings accounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Annual offsites
- We value diversity and will review any candidate, within the United States regardless of time zone. We do prefer candidates that are within the Pacific time zone and/or willing/able to work within that time zone in order to align with our squads and clients.
- Compensation is based on experience and location.