About the company
Squadformers was created because we believe that great work can be done better together. Our team is composed of a bunch of creators, designers, and builders by heart and our mission is to accelerate meaningful missions, applying software to areas that really need it.
At the core of Squadformers is the team, or as we like to call it, the Squad. We are friends and colleagues that lift you up when things get tough, challenge you to be a better version of yourself, and respect one another, all while working together on an important mission for the world. Yes. We like to be decent Humans...
We have two types of missions: partner missions, and Squads For Good missions. We use the money from the partner missions to fund the Squads For Good missions because those we do for free. Important missions that urgently need our help, like climate change and inequality. And the partner missions? Those are important, too. We help Silicon Valley startups like Gabb create safer and less distracting technology for kids. We help Bevy create community with their online platform. And we help Compose build a less distracting online world, with more focus and flow. And many more.
About this role
Squadformers is seeking talented, driven Product Designers to join our dynamic team in support of our exciting start-up clientele.
What you'll be doing
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to lead and develop product and design strategies as well as gain deep understanding of the users and their needs.
- Advocate for the user and drive a holistic UX vision that inspires pushing beyond the status quo.
- Work directly with cross-functional teams from concept through delivery.
- Create simple, intuitive product experiences for complex data insights and workflows.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research to identify long-term product direction and near-term feature improvements.
- Visually articulate product direction while producing low and high-fidelity design, mockups, prototypes, wireframes, visuals and user flows that guide cross functional team (developers, product managers, QA, etc.) throughout the development lifecycle.
- Continuously advocate for a simple, intuitive, and delightful user experience.
- 5+ years of Product Design work experience.
- Strong interaction and visual design skills with a passion for creating solutions for real-world design challenges.
- Deep understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global teams.
- Experience with design thinking practices
- Ability to manage detailed projects with tight timelines
- Proven successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business
- Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts
- Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive consensus and value add.
- Ability to clearly articulate concepts as well as evangelize their benefits.
- Experience working in continuous delivery environments while being able to deliver quality work in a fast-paced, fun environment.
- A passion for your work and designing products that meet or exceed expectations.
- You are a great communicator, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter, team player and independent — you can manage yourself efficiently.
- Able and willing to work 40hrs/week
- A degree is not required.
- Please be sure submit a link to your portfolio or Dribble account.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- W2 full-time
- Generous PTO accrual
- 100% remote work
- FSA and Dependent-care savings accounts
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Annual offsites
- We value diversity and will review any candidate, within the United States regardless of time zone. We do prefer candidates that are within the Pacific time zone and/or willing/able to work within that time zone in order to align with our squads and clients.
- Compensation is based on experience and location.