Austin, TX (Open to remote)
SpyCloud is searching for a Security Engineer to join our growing team.
SpyCloud is a pioneer in breach discovery. We strive to help businesses of all sizes mitigate data breaches by proactively alerting employees when company assets have been compromised. We accomplish this through our early-warning breach detection service powered by a world-class team of intelligence analysts.
Who You Are:
You are a highly technical and experienced security engineer who enjoys taking on challenges. You are very familiar with security analytics tools like Splunk, building and maintaining security telemetry pipelines, and building and automating cloud-based infrastructure. You are looking for a hands-on opportunity in a rapidly growing startup, where your experience designing and operating security tools and corporate security controls will allow you to grow as an individual contributor and a member of a team. You are energized by the opportunity to take ownership and help build a security operations program. You love automation and observability and like to understand risk from a technical perspective. You attend and participate in security conferences because you are always learning and teaching. You are self-motivated, a great communicator, and are able to context switch as needs of the business require.
You will be a part of the team responsible for ensuring the ongoing prevention, detection, and response to security threats across all of the company’s systems. You will develop and mature our security technologies, working closely with Engineering and Corporate Systems teams to ensure technical security controls are deployed and performing optimally.
As a subject matter expert, you will also participate in incident response and drive the investigation and resolution of security events.
What you will be working on:
- Building and operating tools and infrastructure for yourself and the Security Engineering organization
- Implementing and operating security technologies across the enterprise
- Working with the Detection Engineering team to build and enhance our observability pipelines and incident response automation
- Threat hunting with the tools and systems that you maintain
- Taking the technical lead on incidents and investigations
- Evaluating and consolidating current and new security controls, offering suggestions to improve our security posture
- Be a foundation for the development of the Security Operations program
The ideal Security Engineer will possess the following experience, characteristics, and expert knowledge:
- In-depth experience with Splunk, Splunk Enterprise Security, and Cribl Stream
- Experience with Security Orchestration and Automation platforms like Splunk SOAR or Cortex XSOAR
- Experience with designing cloud security architectures
- Experience managing cloud-based infrastructure with tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with Endpoint Detection and Response tools like CrowdStrike Falcon
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and treat technical risks
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and take direct instruction during emergency situations
- Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with peers across all business functions
SpyCloud is not sponsoring visas at this time.