Who We Are at Sprout Therapy:
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric autism therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
The team is backed by >$30mm from leading healthcare and technology investors, including General Catalyst, Felicis Ventures, Founders Fund, and many others. Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home.
We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, and caring professionals to help us improve autism care.
About the role:
We are looking for a staff accountant who can comfortably work in a fast paced environment, challenges the status quo and is able to adapt to ever-changing needs of a hypergrowth business.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the month-end closing process
- Be an integral part of the consolidation process, especially for acquired entities
- Support month-over-month, quarterly and annual revenue analysis
- Prepare month-end revenue journal entries to be posted by the bookkeeper
- Learn how to navigate, extract and analyze reports from NPAWorks, the PMS currently being used by Sprout
- Provide cleaned hourly payroll extract to audit team on a bi-weekly basis
- Occasional contact with State/County/City governments to ensure Sprout is in compliance with all regulations
- Work closely with Director of Finance, Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) and Audit team to ensure all possible claims are processed by month-end
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Remote work from home, requires reliable internet connection and acceptable work from home setting.
- Requires at least 1 year of experience in the Accounting field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combined education and work related experience
- Pursuing CPA or completed CPA preferred
- US GAAP knowledge preferable
- Advanced Excel Skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work under pressure to deadlines
- High degree of accuracy with a good eye for detail
- Good communication skills
- Likes working as part of a team
- Self-motivated and proactive
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand - Identify, assist, and onboard families and patients who would benefit from Sprout’s services. This team works with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from a patient’s first contact to the start of care.
- Supply - Find, assess, train, and onboard world-class clinical practitioners. This team is responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Care - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of care. This team matches the right provider with the right family, coordinates ongoing clinical care, ensures high customer satisfaction, and manages the ongoing relationship with both patients and providers.
- Clinical - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. This team ensures that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
What We Believe
- Patients first, everything else second: We put our patients first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Sprout Therapy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.