Who We Are at Sprout Therapy:
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric autism therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
The team is backed by >$30mm from leading healthcare and technology investors, including General Catalyst, Felicis Ventures, Founders Fund, and many others. Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home.
We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, and caring professionals to help us improve autism care.
About the role:
The Director, Clinical Operations will own the implementation of Sprout’s clinical strategy. The role would report directly to the VP Care and Clinical Operations. This person would work closely with both the clinical and operations leadership team to translate Sprout’s innovative and world-class approach to pediatric autism care into reality. The ideal candidate would have direct experience as a clinician, ideally as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst or Psychologist working directly with pediatric autism. In addition, they would have significant leadership, management, and operations experience. We are looking for someone with a passion for process design and improvement, organizational design, metrics and reporting, and operational excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the clinical and operations leadership teams to define our clinical strategy, including initiatives like measuring and improving clinical outcomes, organizational design and staffing, client satisfaction, and clinician utilization.
- Fully own the implementation of our clinical strategy, turning vision into reality. This would include developing processes and change management, leading organizational design, developing reports and scorecards, building hiring and onboarding processes, and designing performance management and compensation plans for both RBTs and BCBAs.
- Own the approach to keeping the clinical team informed and up to date on clinical and operational changes, including cadence of communications and meetings across the entire clinical organization.
- Work closely with the care operations team to continually improve our joint operations and clinical operating model, including key strategies like staffing, utilization, and division of roles and responsibilities.
- Directly manage a 50+ person team of BCBAs. This will likely evolve over time where BCBAs would “dotted line” report into this position and directly report into regional teams.
- Develop scaled ways of creating two-way feedback between product, clinical, and operations teams including developing a BCBA Advisory Board and RBT Advisory Board.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience directly owning operations for a scaled (50+ person) clinical organization, including owning process design and improvement, organizational design, and performance management and compensation
- 5+ years of direct team management experience, ideally leading 25+ person teams of clinicians
- 7+ years of experience as a behavioral health clinician, ideally as a BCBA in pediatric autism with experience in organizational-behavior management
- Ideally, past experience working with product and engineering teams to build tools and technology
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry and relevant trends
- Experience building a healthcare-based service model from scratch
- Experience implementing and improving both front- and back-office processes at scale, ideally in a high-growth organization
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including a high degree of professionalism
- Able to balance a strong attention to detail with being able to think strategically
- Self-starter personality; comfort with ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver against deadlines with different teams
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand - Identify, assist, and onboard families and patients who would benefit from Sprout’s services. This team works with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from a patient’s first contact to the start of care.
- Supply - Find, assess, train, and onboard world-class clinical practitioners. This team is responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Care - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of care. This team matches the right provider with the right family, coordinates ongoing clinical care, ensures high customer satisfaction, and manages the ongoing relationship with both patients and providers.
- Clinical - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. This team ensures that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
What We Believe
- Patients first, everything else second: We put our patients first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Sprout Therapy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.