Who We Are at Sprout Therapy:
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric autism therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
The team is backed by >$30mm from leading healthcare and technology investors, including General Catalyst, Felicis Ventures, Founders Fund, and many others. Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home.
We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, and caring professionals to help us improve autism care.
About the role:
The VP, Clinical & Care Operations will own the ongoing delivery of care to Sprout patients and families. This person will manage the largest team at Sprout with 50+ care operations and 150+ clinical (BCBAs and RBTs) employees, growing 5x+ by the end of 2021. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of rigorous operational excellence, deep understanding of clinical care, and strong people leadership. They should also have experience leveraging technology to help operational and clinical teams improve efficiency and quality at scale. This person will work very closely with our VP Clinical Quality to ensure our processes, care delivery, and clinical teams provide the highest standard of care.
What you’ll do:
- Own the ongoing delivery of care to Sprout clients, managing both our care operations and client-facing clinical teams
- Continuously improve the quality of care delivered while also ensuring growth and efficiency targets are met
- Define, set and achieve clinical performance goals across care operations and clinical (RBTs & BCBAs) teams
- Work closely with Sprout’s product and engineering teams to develop tools and technology to improve the quality of care delivery, clinical outcomes, and efficiency of operations teams
- Partner with Sprout’s VP of Clinical Quality to ensure we delivery the highest quality ABA therapy and put in places processes and tools to measure clinical quality and outcomes
- Attract, develop, and retain world-class operational and clinical talent
- Create a strong culture by motivating both individuals and teams toward the accomplishment of customer and clinical goals
What you’ll need:
- 15+ years of management experience with experience leading 100+ person teams spanning operational and clinical roles
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a health or behavioral health organization
- Past experience working with product and engineering teams to build tools and technology
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry and relevant trends
- Experience building a healthcare based service model from scratch
- Experience implementing and improving both front and back office processes at scale, ideally in a high growth organization
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills including a high degree of professionalism
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand - Identify, assist, and onboard families and patients who would benefit from Sprout’s services. This team works with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from a patient’s first contact to the start of care.
- Supply - Find, assess, train, and onboard world-class clinical practitioners. This team is responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Care - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of care. This team matches the right provider with the right family, coordinates ongoing clinical care, ensures high customer satisfaction, and manages the ongoing relationship with both patients and providers.
- Clinical - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. This team ensures that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
What We Believe
- Patients first, everything else second: We put our patients first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Sprout Therapy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.