Who We Are at Sprout Therapy
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric autism therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
The team is backed by >$30mm from leading healthcare and technology investors, including General Catalyst, Felicis Ventures, Founders Fund, and many others. Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home.
We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, and caring professionals to help us improve autism care.
About the Role
The Market Manager will be responsible for the P&L ($3-20MM) of a designated geographic region and will oversee all cross-functional activities pertaining to families in ongoing care delivery at Sprout. You will be accountable for utilization and revenue metrics, quality of care, satisfaction and retention of families and your team in the region. You will draw on previous experience to develop growth strategies, create business operations models, and leverage data to assess team success and improve service delivery. In the future this role will also likely be responsible for client growth in a market, including onboarding new families and providers.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the sole owner of the P&L of all Care and Clinical Operations in a designated geographic market
- Manage the growth of your region by coordinating and potentially owning demand and supply in your market alongside the relevant operations business units
- Lead a cross-functional, market-based team of 10+ direct reports consisting of Care Ops Associates, BCBAs, and support roles, as well as up to 120 indirect RBT reports. Your team will be responsible for arranging all aspects of care delivery, including provider and family onboarding, and team hiring, training, and development.
- Be solely accountable for achieving successful key performance metrics for your designated market, including: provider utilization, client contract utilization, quality of care, and family and provider satisfaction
- Own major operational improvements and efficiencies by piloting new programs and initiatives, as well as, optimizing existing Sprout processes in collaboration with other Market Managers
- Utilize data to analyze team performance and market trends to make recommendations to senior management regarding areas of potential growth and improvement
- Serve as the primary point of escalation for all family or provider-facing issues, working to propose effective and mutually beneficial solutions within rapid timeframes
What You’ll Need
- BA or BS Degree
- At least 4-6 years of experience managing a globally distributed and cross-functional teams of at least 10+ and ideally 25+ people.
- While past P&L ownership is not a requirement, it is a strong preference
- A growth and ownership mindset to help develop your designated market
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment that will require management of several competing priorities while driving all projects forward and meeting program/project deliverables
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills, with ability to communicate actionable insights
- Attention to detail, operational expertise, and a desire to drive business performance
- Enthusiasm for working in cross-functional teams as well as autonomously
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Extensive experience with team leadership, project management, managing a team and maintaining the health of the team generating revenue
- Critical thinker with strong analytical, organizational, and creative problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and relevant trends an asset
- Experience working with clinical (physicians, psychologists, nurses, etc.) colleagues preferred
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand - Identify, assist, and onboard families and patients who would benefit from Sprout’s services. This team works with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from a patient’s first contact to the start of care.
- Supply - Find, assess, train, and onboard world-class clinical practitioners. This team is responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Care - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of care. This team matches the right provider with the right family, coordinates ongoing clinical care, ensures high customer satisfaction, and manages the ongoing relationship with both patients and providers.
- Clinical - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. This team ensures that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
What We Believe
- Patients first, everything else second: We put our patients first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Sprout Therapy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.