Who We Are At Sprout Therapy:
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
Backed by >$30mm from General Catalyst, Felicis Ventures, Founders Fund, & others. Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home. We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, caring professionals to help us improve autism care. .
About The Role:
As we look to scale our business, the VP of Design will be a key contributor to the evolution of our products for families, providers, and internal administrators. The ideal candidate will have a clear vision for how users should interact with our products and be focused on creating experiences that enhance all aspects of our service offering. The right candidate will have knowledge across research, UX/UI design, and brand design. This role will help drive our product strategy and ensure that our end-users are represented in a design-led approach to our product development.
What You’ll Focus On:
- User Experience - Create a user experience vision and strategy across all teams and products at Sprout and provide direction around that strategy from concept to execution. You have an ability to context and altitude switch, going from strategic direction to rolling up your sleeves when necessary to ensure the work meets our business, product, and customer expectations.
- Hiring and People Management - Hire and lead a team consisting of research, UX/UI design, visual design, and copy.
- Stakeholder Management - Partner closely with business stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Operations. You will drive cross-company alignment on our design strategy and help promote a customer-centric culture.
- Innovation - You understand how to design for constantly evolving needs and standards. You are curious about new ways to solve design challenges across mediums and you know how to leverage research to understand when different design concepts may or may not be appropriate.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years experience working as a designer and design leader. You’ve managed design teams working on technology products before.
- Experience building and maintaining an engaging and customer-centric design culture.
- You have defined a design strategy and roadmap and worked cross-functionally to execute on that strategy.
- The ability to exert influence cross-functionally as we think about the role design plays in growing our business.
- Prior experience with fast-paced, high-growth organizations.
- A desire to continuously raise the bar with regards to team, best practices, communications, etc.
- A desire to truly understand our customers, their pain points, and their objectives.
- Experience building and managing remote teams is a plus.
- Healthcare design experience is a plus.
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand - Deliver top notch products and services to our growing number of patients. You’ll work with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from first contact to start of care to offboarding.
- Supply - Own and manage the relationship with our clinical practitioners. You are responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Platform - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of clinical care. You’ll help match the right provider with the right family, coordinate clinical care, and develop digital therapeutics products.
- Quality - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. You’ll ensure that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
What We Believe:
- Patients first, everything else second: We put our patients first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.