Who We Are At Sprout Therapy:
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
Backed by >$30mm from General Catalyst, Felicis Ventures, Founders Fund, & others. Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home. We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, caring professionals to help us improve autism care. .
As we look to scale our business, the Senior Engineering Manager will be a driving force behind our technology strategy and delivery. You will be assisting with hiring and mentoring an exceptional team of engineers focused on delivering high-quality software in a rapid, iterative environment. You will partner with the Head of Engineering to help define our technical architecture and work closely with all members of the business to determine how our technology can be leveraged to create better outcomes for families and grow the business.
What You’ll Do:
- Help define and expand the overall technological architecture of Sprout’s software solutions as well as best practices to develop, maintain, and improve those solutions.
- Collaborate with clinical, product, marketing, compliance, and operations teams to understand how we will leverage technology to grow our business.
- Drive engineering, operational excellence, and quality best practices.
- Act as a business and technical leader as a member of the senior management team advising and collaborating around company OKRs and growth plans and creating a technical roadmap that aligns with overall company objectives.
- Show an ability to proactively mitigate risk from both internal and external factors.
- Work with finance to develop engineering budgets related to headcount, patents, IP, and software equipment.
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years experience in building successful production-level software systems.
- Experience with maintaining an engaged engineering culture.
- Deep technical knowledge including the ability to contribute to code when necessary. You are up to date on current technology trends and are currently involved in highly technical and architectural decisions.
- Prior experience with fast-paced, high-growth organizations.
- A desire to continuously raise the bar with regards to team, best practices, communications, etc.
- A desire to truly understand our customers, their pain points, and their objectives.
- Experience building and managing remote teams is a plus.
- Healthcare technology experience with an understanding towards security concerns is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study is preferred.
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand - Deliver top notch products and services to our growing number of patients. You’ll work with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from first contact to start of care to offboarding.
- Supply - Own and manage the relationship with our clinical practitioners. You are responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Platform - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of clinical care. You’ll help match the right provider with the right family, coordinate clinical care, and develop digital therapeutics products.
- Quality - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. You’ll ensure that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
What We Believe:
- Patients first, everything else second: We put our patients first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Sprout Therapy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.