Who We Are at Sprout Therapy:
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
Backed by >$30mm from General Catalyst, Felicis Ventures, Founders Fund, & others. Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home. We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, caring professionals to help us improve autism care.
About the Role:
The Director of Compliance at Sprout will ensure regulatory compliance with all applicable state and federal government agencies related to the healthcare industry. In this role, you will develop, integrate, and monitor compliance policies and procedures across all of Sprout entities that are appropriate to the business model and existing health care regulatory environment, and will embody the cultural norms and values of the organization. You will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the risk programs of the organization to control risks and losses.You will establish formalized policies and procedures, and lead training initiatives to ensure all employees understand and practice compliance practices.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure Sprout is in compliance with all applicable state and federal program regulations, insurance regulations, regulatory requirements for business entities and state contract requirements.
- Maintain and track laws and regulations, contract documentations, amendments, and various compliance measures. Develop policies, procedures, and processes to comply with state law, federal law, contract requirements, and various standards.
- Oversee, administer, and implement various compliance programs, including but not limited to fraud and HIPAA regulations.
- Provide guidance to various departments regarding compliance issues and implementation of new compliance requirements with respect to regulatory and contract language.
- Conduct compliance audits, develop and implement corrective action plans, and report on achievement of action plans to senior management and Board of Directors.
- Develop strategic relationships with state legislative policymakers and assist with the development of state legislative public policy concerning state insurance, Managed Care Organization, Medicare and Medicaid regulations and initiatives.
- Identify, evaluate and analyze the impact of state legislative and regulatory issues and advise management concerning impact.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 5+ years of compliance program management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in in Public Policy, Business Administration, MBA, or Law Degree desire
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal regulations, state insurance laws, including managed care regulations
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated strong communication, information gathering and empathy skills for uncovering and defining deliverables, needs and outcomes
- Demand - Deliver top notch products and services to our growing number of patients. You’ll work with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from first contact to start of care to offboarding.
- Supply - Own and manage the relationship with our clinical practitioners. You are responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Platform - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of clinical care. You’ll help match the right provider with the right family, coordinate clinical care, and develop digital therapeutics products.
- Quality - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. You’ll ensure that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
What We Believe:
- Patients first, everything else second: We put our patients first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Sprout Therapy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.