Who We Are at Sprout Therapy:
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
Backed by >$30mm from General Catalyst, Felicis Ventures, Founders Fund, & others. Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home. We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, caring professionals to help us improve autism care.
We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, caring professionals to help us improve autism care.
About the Role
The Care Ops Administrative Associate will be responsible for supporting a small group of Care Ops Associates in their case management and care coordination efforts for Sprout families. You will assist with the following tasks: scheduling key appointments for families, maintaining communication records and managing data quality in Salesforce, creating and delegating crucial tasks for various cross-functional team members, and reporting.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Family Concierge team to ensure efficient and timely onboarding of new families, and staffing of new clinical hires
- Support Care Ops Associates with client engagement activities for families in ongoing care, such as task creation and follow-up reminders, reviews, and family-specific events
- Review and track communication in a variety of channels (Slack, Email, Phone, Text, etc.) and log within Salesforce, ZenDesk, and proprietary Sprout software
- Review and manage schedules for all clinicians across multiple geographic regions, ensuring families have quick and continuous access to care
- Work closely with Care Ops Associates to evaluate and optimize scheduling decisions across families and providers using scheduling software
- Create and manage reports to ensure optimal utilization and efficiency of scheduling services
- Manage ongoing re-scheduling needs, as a result of changes in family availability, staff availability, or ad-hoc changes, to provide the highest quality care
- Understand and apply federal and state requirements regarding family confidentiality and the principles of maintaining protected health information (PHI), such as HIPAA
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience, knowledge or interest in pediatrics, autism, behavioral health or similar field (ABA experience preferred)
- Must be flexible and adaptable to rapid changes in the daily work environment and be resourceful in solving problems
- This position requires the ability to multi-task and have a high attention to detail
- Familiarity with the US HealthCare system
- Detail oriented and excellent written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of HIPAA compliance and privacy measures
- Previous experience with Salesforce, Google Workspace (Google docs, Google drive, Google Sheets) preferred
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand - Deliver top notch products and services to our growing number of patients. You’ll work with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from first contact to start of care to offboarding.
- Supply - Own and manage the relationship with our clinical practitioners. You are responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Platform - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of clinical care. You’ll help match the right provider with the right family, coordinate clinical care, and develop digital therapeutics products.
- Quality - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. You’ll ensure that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
What We Believe
- Patients first, everything else second: We put our patients first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Sprout Therapy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.