Who We Are at Sprout Therapy:
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
Backed by > $30mm from General Catalyst, Felicis Ventures, Founders Fund, & others. Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home. We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, caring professionals to help us improve autism care.
As the VP of Engineering, you will oversee software engineering and data science teams and work closely with product, sales, content, marketing and other executives to bring solutions from idea to delivery. You will take ownership of the development side of the products; refine processes, methodologies and best practices; lead, prioritize and mentor. The ideal candidate has venture-backed startup experience and has successfully scaled a team quickly and efficiently, has a knack for creative problem-solving, and has a propensity to learn and is a low-ego team player.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and lead a large engineering team, ensuring we apply engineering best practices to ensure the highest level of code quality
- Manage, plan and optimize the engineering department budget to use the latest technology advances to improve our internal workflows
- Cross-functional collaboration with Product Management, Product Design, and Operations
- Drive the vision for a world class data security architecture to ensure we’re leaders in HIPAA compliance
- Push back and surface up technical constraints and issues as we develop to mitigate risk and ensure we build products thoughtfully
- Offer up creative solutions to solve complex engineering problems
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years' experience in a Director level role
- Strong understanding of how to scale an engineering department, including recruiting and hiring the best engineers on the market to join our team
- Ability to think critically about what we build vs. what we buy to enhance and improve our ever growing tool stack
- Drive the data and technical architecture of the company, focusing on both short term needs as well as ensuring we build for long term success
- Effectively manage technical debt vs. delivering quickly, to ensure we move fast but build in a way that doesn’t detract from our long term success
- Excellent communication skills including a high degree of professionalism
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand - Deliver top notch products and services to our growing number of patients. You’ll work with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from first contact to start of care to offboarding.
- Supply - Own and manage the relationship with our clinical practitioners. You are responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Platform - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of clinical care. You’ll help match the right provider with the right family, coordinate clinical care, and develop digital therapeutics products.
- Quality - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. You’ll ensure that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, everyone works remotely, but you don't feel remote. While we are a globally distributed team, many team members are located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv.
What We Believe:
- Patients first, everything else second: We put our patients first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Sprout Therapy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.