Who We Are at Sprout Therapy
Sprout Therapy is a tech-forward provider of pediatric therapy across the United States. We believe that families, clinicians, and insurers all deserve a better healthcare experience, so we built one.
Backed by > $30mm from General Catalyst, Felicis Ventures, Founders Fund, & others. Our mission is to provide personalized, technology-empowered care for children with autism in the environment best suited to help them grow and thrive — the home.
We’re looking to rapidly grow our team with values-driven, diverse, caring professionals to help us improve autism care.
About the Role
The Market Operations Manager will oversee, within a designated geographic region, all cross-functional activities pertaining to families in ongoing care at Sprout. You will be responsible for utilization and revenue metrics, quality of care, family satisfaction, and family retention within your region. You will draw on previous experience to develop growth strategies, create business operations models, and leverage data to assess team success and improve service delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Act as sole owner of care delivery operations in a designated geographic market and, in collaboration with the Demand Operations business unit, will manage growth and expansion of your market region
- Lead a cross-functional, market-based team consisting of Care Ops Associates and other support roles, who are responsible for arranging all aspects (administrative, scheduling, matching) of ongoing care
- Accountable for achieving successful key performance metrics for your designated market, including: utilization, quality of care, and family and provider satisfaction
- Responsible for driving operational efficiencies by optimizing existing Sprout processes, as well as collaborating with other Market Operations Managers on best practices and opportunities for improvement
- Manage the activities of the market-based Care Ops Associates to enable timely and efficient assignment of complete provider care teams to our families
- Utilize data to analyze team performance and market trends to make recommendations to senior management regarding areas of potential growth
- Serve as the primary point of escalation for all family or provider-facing issues, operating under the expectation to propose effective and mutually beneficial solutions within rapid timeframes
What You’ll Need
- BA or BS Degree
- At least 4-6 years of experience managing a globally distributed and cross-functional teams
- A growth and ownership mindset to help develop your designated market
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment that will require management of several competing priorities while driving all projects forward and meeting program/project deliverables
- Strong problem solving and structuring skills, with ability to communicate actionable insights
- The ideal candidate will approach key projects with attention to detail, operational expertise, and a desire to drive business performance
- Enthusiasm for working in cross-functional teams as well as autonomously
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Extensive experience with team leadership and project management
- Critical thinker with strong analytical, organizational, and creative problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and relevant trends an asset
- Experience working with clinical (physicians, psychologists, etc...) colleagues preferred
In addition to our clinicians and supporting departments, our company is built around four cross functional teams (spanning operations, product, marketing, business development, etc.):
- Demand - Deliver top notch products and services to our growing number of patients. You’ll work with families to understand pain points and optimize the patient journey from first contact to start of care to offboarding.
- Supply - Own and manage the relationship with our clinical practitioners. You are responsible for the growth of our clinician ecosystem by attracting, recruiting, and retaining high quality autism care providers.
- Platform - Build tools and provide services to optimize and improve the delivery of clinical care. You’ll help match the right provider with the right family, coordinate clinical care, and develop digital therapeutics products.
- Quality - Improve the quality of care delivered to our patients. You’ll ensure that we provide strong clinical outcomes, develop training platforms to level up our providers, and maintain compliance with a variety of payor and regulatory requirements.
At Sprout, we are a globally distributed team with many of our team members located in the following cities: San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, and Kyiv. While everyone currently works remotely, we envision a future that balances face to face collaboration with a remote friendly environment.
What We Believe
- Patients first, everything else second: We put our patients first, always. No decision is made at Sprout without considering the value it would bring to our families.
- Think and act like an owner: We think of ourselves as not just employees but part owners. We understand that when Sprout thrives, we all thrive.
- Candor and respect: We can't achieve greatness without ever disagreeing. We need to have healthy debates to ensure that we're making the right decisions.
- Never settle for less: We don't settle for anything less than excellence. We're relentlessly committed to delivering the best care to our patients and always strive to do better by them.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Sprout Therapy is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing all employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and welcome applicants from every background and life experience.