Sprinklr is a unified customer experience management (Unified-CXM) platform for modern enterprises with employees around the world helping valuable brands make their customers happier.
Learn more about our culture and how we make our employees happier through The Sprinklr Way.
U.S. Remote Role
Sprinklr is looking for a Senior Tax Specialist to join its tax function. This position will report into the Senior Director, Global Tax and will support the current and increasing volume of global indirect tax transactions and issues. The candidate should have the ability to understand and communicate indirect tax concepts in ways that are significant and useful to non-tax professionals. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and be comfortable working with and advising various business teams. This position may be remote or located in one of Sprinklr offices in the US.
We are looking for passionate individuals who will work as a member of Sprinklr’s Tax team, leading efforts to support our product teams. Manage and maintain tax system including Avalara.
- Lead various indirect tax aspects of our global businesses with a focus on North America.
- Deliver timely and accurate indirect tax advice to business units.
- Own the indirect tax aspects of new US domestic regulations and new country expansions.
- Assist with the General Ledger reconciliations of Indirect Tax Accounts as part of the global financial close process on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the implementation of a new sales tax engine focused on telecommunication taxes.
- Lead and run sales and use tax audits.
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business resources, other tax functions, and external tax advisers.
- Liaise with finance / shared services in respect of issues identified during indirect tax compliance process (e.g. incorrect invoice postings).
- Work close with finance and accounting for tax reserve planning and management.
- Lead process improvements to improve accuracy, efficiency, and internal alignment.
- Handle and participate in development of software solutions for indirect tax automation.
- Implement, review and optimize NetSuite & Avalara processes dealing with indirect taxes and reporting.
- Assist with reviewing different agreements related to Sprinklr’s products from a global indirect tax perspective.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of tax experience working at a public accounting firm and/or multinational corporation; primarily focused on indirect tax.
- Familiarity with indirect tax trends impacting SaaS and VoIP.
- Netsuite experience
- Extensive knowledge of US sales and use taxes.
- Experience directly interacting with US state and local tax authorities.
- Familiarity and experience with global VAT systems desired.
- Experience with US and Global telecommunications taxes a strong plus
- A great sense of accuracy; good listening, negotiation and problem-resolution skills.
- Validated passion and track record of delivering results in a constantly evolving business environment.
- Should have the ability to analyze all sides of an argument, have strong analytical skills, document tax positions, and ensure that the proper checks and balances are in place to ensure all aspects have been considered.
Why you'll love Sprinklr: We’re committed to creating the kind of culture where you feel like you belong, are happier today than yesterday, and your contributions matter. At Sprinklr, our goal is to treat everyone like family and passionately, genuinely care. For full-time employees, we offer flexible paid time off and paid parental leave, medical plans, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) savings plans, employee stock options, gym and wellness discounts, Plum benefits, Lifemart discounts, and paid time off to invest in learning and career development.
We focus on our mission: We founded Sprinklr with one mission: to enable every organization on the planet to make their customers happier. Our vision is to be the world’s most loved enterprise software company, ever.
We believe in our product: Sprinklr was built from the ground up to enable a brand’s digital transformation. Its platform provides every customer-facing team with the ability to reach, engage and listen to customers around the world. At Sprinklr, we have many of the world's largest brands as our clients, and our employees have the opportunity to work closely alongside them.
We invest in our people: At Sprinklr, we believe every human has the potential to be amazing. We empower each Sprinklrite in the journey toward achieving their personal and professional best. For wellbeing, this includes daily meditation breaks, virtual fitness, and access to Headspace. We have continuous learning opportunities available with LinkedIn Learning and more.
EEO - Our philosophy: Our goal is to ensure every employee feels like they belong and are operating in a judgement-free zone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, and lifestyle preference, among others. We value and celebrate diversity and fervently believe every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We believe we are stronger when we belong because collectively, we’re more innovative, creative, and successful.
Sprinklr is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Sprinklr’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by filling out this form, and we will reach out to you. If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.