As the world moves even more online due to the coronavirus pandemic, customers are connected and empowered like never before. Customers want an immediate, personalized and consistent experience, no matter which channel they choose to engage with a brand. Sprinklr helps brands meet the demands of today’s customers by providing them with the insights they need to make every interaction matter. Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises with 3000+ employees helping the world’s most valuable enterprises make their customers happier. Learn more about our culture and how we make our employees happier through The Sprinklr Way.
We are currently seeking a Director of Strategic Pricing to lead all key aspects of global strategic pricing and packaging for the fastest growing company in the unified customer experience category. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Pricing and Operations, the Director of Strategic Pricing will be responsible for implementing data driven decisions to monetize the Sprinklr portfolio while ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction and delight.
The Strategic Pricing and Operations team, reporting into the Customer Delight & Operations organization is seeking a candidate with a track record of steady progression with increasing responsibilities who is highly skilled at working cross-functionally to align key stakeholders within an organization. The ideal candidate for this role will be a thought leader, well versed in key pricing trends in the SaaS industry, with a nose for sleuthing through data, a passion for pricing, and an uncanny ability to translate complex data-driven analyses into clear actionable decisions. Prior experience in consulting, pricing and packaging software, price optimization, new product introduction, financial modeling, discount analyses, deals desk, competitive intelligence, and/or price book management experience preferred.
This is a highly visible role across the organization, and the candidate must have the ability to build trust and partnerships with other colleagues in product management, marketing, customer success, sales and presales, sales enablement, operations, partners, and finance functions. The ideal candidate will bring a combination of business strategy, quantitative analysis, passion for solving complex problems, excellent communication skills, quantitative analysis, and the ability to boil complicated strategies down into easy-to-understand presentations.
The Director of Strategic Pricing will be an integral member of the Operations team and will work cross-functionally across the entire organization. Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Centralized decision making for the global pricing and packaging, working collaboratively to develop and implement Pricing strategies
- Comprehensive analyses of customer installed base including financial details, customer usage data, and leveraging external data sources
- Develop optimal pricing and packaging of Sprinklr offerings including creation of KPI’s to measure performance
- Become trusted advisor as a subject matter expert in SaaS pricing concepts, competitive intelligence gathering, implementation and execution of pricing and packaging changes
- Liaison between operations, legal, product, and IT to manage and deploy all SKUs and manage new product introduction “NPI” processes
- Collaborate with industry/domain thought leaders, influencers and research/advisory firms to help co-develop thought leadership assets, best practices, and materials that can elevate the success of sales teams and partners.
- Articulate competitive differentiation of Sprinklr’s business model in the context of evolving market dynamics, positioning against competitors, and changing product features and capabilities
- Enable the Field Sales organization though various channels to educate the organization on updates to our pricing and packaging
- Strategic deal support to ensure the appropriate pricing configurations are leveraged for the mutual success of both customer and Sprinklr
- Collaborate with executive team and Operations leadership to perform analyses including market sizing, addressable opportunity, win/loss analysis, pipeline health, competitive overview, and customer needs.
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
We are looking for candidates from a diverse set of backgrounds that have experience distilling complex ideas down into easy-to-understand business strategies. Candidates should be comfortable being an individual contributor but also be ready to contribute with impact to strategic discussions and decisions.
Example backgrounds may include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Economics or a related field; MBA preferred
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience in pricing strategy or deal structuring with domain expertise either in an enterprise software company or consulting firm that demonstrates deep expertise, knowledge, and insight in enterprise sales and marketing
- 5+ years of experience in technology or software company
- Organizational and project management skills
- Aptitude for technology, ability to realize big picture product direction, and an ability to connect technical concepts directly to customer’s perception of value
- Ability to prioritize and focus in a results-driven environment where trade-offs are essential skills.
A strong bias towards action. Ability to assess a situation, quickly evaluate the pros and cons, and make decisions.
- Solid grasp of SaaS business models and contract terms, value-based pricing and contract negotiation
- Proven ability to successfully partner with internal senior stakeholders from various parts of the organization, with varying degrees of technical aptitude, and drive successful outcomes cross-functionally
- Ability to absorb and recollect a large amount of detail and provide audience-specific context to drive efficient outcome focused meetings
- Adapt at connecting with people and being data-driven
- Excellent executive presence, meeting facilitation, problem-solving, and sound business judgment skills
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis
- Executes with a sense of urgency
- Proactive, detail-oriented, adept problem-solver, and flexible
- Strong organizational skills, including project management experience
Why you'll love Sprinklr: We’re committed to creating the kind of culture where you feel like you belong, are happier today than yesterday, and your contributions matter. At Sprinklr, our goal is to treat everyone like family and passionately, genuinely care. For full-time employees, we offer flexible paid time off and paid parental leave, medical plans, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) savings plans, employee stock options, gym and wellness discounts, Plum benefits, Lifemart discounts, and paid time off to invest in learning and career development.
We focus on our mission: We founded Sprinklr with one mission: to enable every organization on the planet to make their customers happier. Our vision is to be the world’s most loved enterprise software company, ever.
We believe in our product: Sprinklr was built from the ground up to enable a brand’s digital transformation. Its platform provides every customer-facing team with the ability to reach, engage and listen to customers around the world. At Sprinklr, we have many of the world's largest brands as our clients, and our employees have the opportunity to work closely alongside them.
We invest in our people: At Sprinklr, we believe every human has the potential to be amazing. We empower each Sprinklrite in the journey toward achieving their personal and professional best. For wellbeing, this includes daily meditation breaks, virtual fitness, and access to Headspace. We have continuous learning opportunities available with LinkedIn Learning and more.
EEO - Our philosophy: Our goal is to ensure every employee feels like they belong and are operating in a judgement-free zone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, and lifestyle preference, among others. We value and celebrate diversity and fervently believe every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We believe we are stronger when we belong because collectively, we’re more innovative, creative, and successful.
Sprinklr is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Sprinklr’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by filling out this form, and we will reach out to you. If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.