As the world moves even more online due to the coronavirus pandemic, customers are connected and empowered like never before. Customers want an immediate, personalized and consistent experience, no matter which channel they choose to engage with a brand. Sprinklr helps brands meet the demands of today’s customers by providing them with the insights they need to make every interaction matter. Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises with 2500+ employees helping the world’s most valuable enterprises make their customers happier. Learn more about our culture and how we make our employees happier through The Sprinklr Way.
As the world moves even more online due to the coronavirus pandemic, customers are connected and empowered like never before. Customers want an immediate, personalized and consistent experience, no matter which channel they choose to engage with a brand. Sprinklr helps brands meet the demands of today’s customers by providing them with the insights they need to make every interaction matter. Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises with 2000+ employees helping the world’s most valuable enterprises make their customers happier. Learn more about our culture and how we make our employees happier through The Sprinklr Way.
What You’ll Do
As Sprinklr’s India Sr. Compensation & Benefits Rep, you will be the first point of contact between employees, vendors and other key stakeholders to ensure an amazing employee compensation and benefits experience for our India Sprinklrites. You will have an innovative mindset coupled with the ability to demonstrate and model the Sprinklr culture. Reporting to the Director, Global Benefits, you will take the lead on managing Sprinklr’s India and APAC benefit programs ensuring they are market competitive and cost-effective. You will also work closely with the Compensation COE to analyze and manage various compensation programs. This is a hands-on and consultative role, in which you will research, develop, and administer employee
- Partner with key stakeholders to design, implement and administer our APAC benefit programs, including, health, life, and disability insurance, retirement programs, among others covering 15+ countries (primarily EMEA).
- Manage ongoing relationships with external consultants and suppliers (for example; benefits consultants, brokers and trustees).
- Work closely with consultants/brokers globally to conduct benchmark analysis to identify trends in industry and competitors to provide competitive and cutting-edge benefits on a global basis.
- Design and implement communication programs to enhance the value of benefit programs and increase employee understanding and engagement.
- Establish and implement a quantitative scorecard process for selecting new benefits and evaluating the effectiveness and impact of current benefits programs
- Partner with the Finance team to manage and evaluate the cost of all benefits programs to optimize our global benefit plans cost and performance.
- Ability to train managers and employees on various aspects of their compensation packages.
- Global experience highly desired. Ability to work with Corporate Compensation COE to balance local and headquarter needs.
- Experience running annual cycle programs (merit, refresh, bonus) from inception to execution required.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and international legal and disclosure requirements. Maintain benefit plan documentation including plan documents and policies.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders such as HRBPs, People Operations, Internal Communications, Legal, Finance, Tax, Payroll and various Committees to ensure efficient plan administration and excellent customer service to employees.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified
- Minimum of Advanced degree and 4+ years of progressive experience in the HR function with a minimum of 2 years of benefits experience.
- Benefits experience in organizations known for innovative andcompetitive benefits.
- Some knowledge of compensation (job matching, program management).
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be consultative and pragmatic in program development and evaluation.
- Proven track record in directing staff/consultants and negotiating contracts/agreements.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Exceptional business insight and strategic orientation.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to handle high levels of ambiguity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing, fun environment.
- High degree of personal integrity.
Key role behaviors:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment you have a passion for playing a key role in business growth and can prioritize as such.
- High emotional maturity and integrity, you understand appropriateness and sensitivity around employee relations.
- Can do attitude and hands on approach, no task is too small for you to conquer.
- Considers the business needs and can create custom solutions that make sense for Sprinklr.
- Highly polished, professional with a consultative style, Sprinklr leaders look to you for guidance on people's best practices.
- Assertive, you know when to deliver necessary feedback in an emotionally intelligent way.
- You are proactive and get ahead of any concerns, always ready to find a solution.
- Senior Leadership teams globally
- Employee Experience Directors
- Sprinklrites across the globe
- Benefits providers and agencies
You’ll know you’re successful if:
- Managers come to you often for your wisdom and guidance as you provide insight that balances risk with moving the business forward.
- Employees view you as a positive, hands-on change agent that uses innovation to create a new type of company.
- Your feedback is specific to Sprinklr, actionable, and keeps the business in mind.
- You drive a self-service model that can easily be scaled and empower your team to do the same.
- 360 reviews display you’re easily approachable, available, and a problem solver.
- You have a positive, can-do attitude, and see how all your efforts, big and small, help paint the bigger pictures
Why you'll love Sprinklr: We’re committed to creating the kind of culture where you feel like you belong, are happier today than yesterday, and your contributions matter. At Sprinklr, our goal is to treat everyone like family and passionately, genuinely care. For full-time employees, we offer flexible paid time off and paid parental leave, medical plans, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) savings plans, employee stock options, gym and wellness discounts, Plum benefits, Lifemart discounts, and paid time off to invest in learning and career development.
We focus on our mission: We founded Sprinklr with one mission: to enable every organization on the planet to make their customers happier. Our vision is to be the world’s most loved enterprise software company, ever.
We believe in our product: Sprinklr was built from the ground up to enable a brand’s digital transformation. Its platform provides every customer-facing team with the ability to reach, engage and listen to customers around the world. At Sprinklr, we have many of the world's largest brands as our clients, and our employees have the opportunity to work closely alongside them.
We invest in our people: At Sprinklr, we believe every human has the potential to be amazing. We empower each Sprinklrite in the journey toward achieving their personal and professional best. For wellbeing, this includes daily meditation breaks, virtual fitness, and access to Headspace. We have continuous learning opportunities available with Audible for Business, LinkedIn Learning, and more.
EEO - Our philosophy: Our goal is to ensure every employee feels like they belong and are operating in a judgement-free zone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, and lifestyle preference, among others. We value and celebrate diversity and fervently believe every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We believe we are stronger when we belong because collectively, we’re more innovative, creative, and successful.
Sprinklr is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Sprinklr’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by filling out this form, and we will reach out to you. If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.