As the world moves even more online due to the coronavirus pandemic, customers are connected and empowered like never before. Customers want an immediate, personalized and consistent experience, no matter which channel they choose to engage with a brand. Sprinklr helps brands meet the demands of today’s customers by providing them with the insights they need to make every interaction matter. Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises with 2500+ employees helping the world’s most valuable enterprises make their customers happier. Learn more about our culture and how we make our employees happier through The Sprinklr Way.
What You'll Do
Sprinklr’s Legal Department is looking for a Senior Counsel specializing in data protection and privacy, risk management, and various related regulatory matters.. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, this attorney will oversee a variety of subject matter areas and strategic priorities, and drive key programs for the Company. They will help Sprinklr build and maintain a best in class privacy, regulatory, and enterprise risk management program that can operate in a public company setting, and is scalable to new products and services and rapidly developing global regulatory frameworks. This is an excellent opportunity for an attorney to join a growing function and drive key decisions in a cutting edge area of law.
This attorney will also play a role in other legal subject matter areas and processes, including litigation and disputes, investigations, and employment issues, and supporting ongoing legal initiatives.
- Helping to build and drive the company’s Governance, Risk, and Compliance functions and processes, and continuously improve them.
- Serving as a principal advisor to the CCO to develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive global privacy program, maintain compliance to existing regulatory and third-party privacy frameworks, and strategic privacy program planning.
- Advising senior executives and other members of the legal team on data privacy and security matters, including developments in data privacy, regulatory readiness, vendor, partner, and customer matters, and existing and new regulatory requirements.
- Training and policy drafting, development and maintenance, including crisis management and data incident response.
- Driving corporate governance framework.
- Negotiating data privacy issues related to customer, vendor, and supplier engagements, as needed.
- Working closely with other teams (especially Product, the Chief Information Officer and Chief Information Security Officer) to meet ongoing security and privacy obligations, including trainings, records of processing activities, audits, disclosures, and developing public documents to build and maintain trust, and championing privacy by design in product development.
- Handling potential and active litigation, including investigations and fact development, managing outside counsel and relationships with insurers where necessary and providing appropriate strategic direction,
- Advising regarding statutory, regulatory, corporate governance and industry-standard requirements and support functional department requests and transactions
- Assisting on a variety of corporate legal issues, projects and initiatives as needed
- Helping grow and scale the legal department and the company.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified
- Attorney with a JD and admission to bar or equivalent
- 6+ years of relevant in-house and/or law firm experience
- Experience with data protection and privacy, risk management, and regulatory matters.
- Clear, collaborative communicator with a proven ability to see the big picture while also understanding the details and navigating to successful outcomes
- Skillful drafter, issue-spotter, and problem-solver able to assess both legal and business risks,
- Able to lead without formal reporting relationships.
- Eager, flexible learner who's confident in handling tasks and answering questions you've never faced
- Team player with the ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to foster and maintain good business relationships (internally and externally)
- Meticulous attention to detail, process, and ethics.
- Ability to maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations.
- Desire to teach and learn.
- Willingness to expand the range of job responsibilities as needed, based on the evolution of the Company and the role.
- Works independently and takes initiative
- Team-focused mindset, a passion for formulating and executing long term strategies while managing details
- Ability to issue-spot and analyze legal issues, present positive, creative solutions, and advise management of risks to help the business achieve its goals.
Why you'll love Sprinklr: We’re committed to creating the kind of culture where you feel like you belong, are happier today than yesterday, and your contributions matter. At Sprinklr, our goal is to treat everyone like family and passionately, genuinely care. For full-time employees, we offer flexible paid time off and paid parental leave, medical plans, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) savings plans, employee stock options, gym and wellness discounts, Plum benefits, Lifemart discounts, and paid time off to invest in learning and career development.
We focus on our mission: We founded Sprinklr with one mission: to enable every organization on the planet to make their customers happier. Our vision is to be the world’s most loved enterprise software company, ever.
We believe in our product: Sprinklr was built from the ground up to enable a brand’s digital transformation. Its platform provides every customer-facing team with the ability to reach, engage and listen to customers around the world. At Sprinklr, we have many of the world's largest brands as our clients, and our employees have the opportunity to work closely alongside them.
We invest in our people: At Sprinklr, we believe every human has the potential to be amazing. We empower each Sprinklrite in the journey toward achieving their personal and professional best. For wellbeing, this includes daily meditation breaks, virtual fitness, and access to Headspace. We have continuous learning opportunities available with Audible for Business, LinkedIn Learning, and more.
EEO - Our philosophy: Our goal is to ensure every employee feels like they belong and are operating in a judgement-free zone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, and lifestyle preference, among others. We value and celebrate diversity and fervently believe every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We believe we are stronger when we belong because collectively, we’re more innovative, creative, and successful.
Sprinklr is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Sprinklr’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by filling out this form, and we will reach out to you. If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.