As the world moves even more online due to the coronavirus pandemic, customers are connected and empowered like never before. Customers want an immediate, personalized and consistent experience, no matter which channel they choose to engage with a brand. Sprinklr helps brands meet the demands of today’s customers by providing them with the insights they need to make every interaction matter. Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises with 2000+ employees helping the world’s most valuable enterprises make their customers happier. Learn more about our culture and how we make our employees happier through The Sprinklr Way.
Sprinklr is looking for a Sr Director of Detection and Response (D&R) to join our Security team and own the processes, tools, and infrastructure required to perform detection of and response to all security incidents for Sprinklr’s production and corporate systems. This role focuses on building and maintaining a world-class team to create modern security incident detection processes and systems and execute all elements of comprehensive security incident response. Reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Office the Sr Director D&R is a key leader in Sprinklr’s Security Team and will drive the strategy and design of the overall security program implementation.
About the Role
- Accountable for the design, implementation, and continous improvement of the corporate security incident response team, its processes, and technical implementation.
- Build and provide inspiring leadership for a team of incident response professionals. Mentor and train team members to excel and achieve their goals.
- Act as primary contact during security crisis situations for executive and senior management and ensure timely and comprehensive update in a reliable manner.
- Coordinate closely with key stakeholder in Security, IT, Legal, Engineering, HR, PR/Marketing, and Support during regular operations and while providing incident response. Leverage existing corporate capabilities to optimize spend and capabilities.
- Leverage network defense exercises with offensive security operators to accelerate improvements in detection and response capabilities.
- Develop, refine, and report metrics, KPIs, and KRIs for all D&R activities.
- Manage budget and timeline for all projects relevant to security incident response.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a security leadership position with a focus on security incident response
- Experience in building and maintaining a 24/7 Security Operation Center
- Deep understanding of detection engineering, network monitoring, vulnerability management, threat intelligence, digital forensics, and other key security incident response capabilities, how to create them, and how to optimize them
- Full knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK framework and how it applies to network defense (or comparable knowledge)
- Understanding of compliance (such as FedRAMP, SOC 2, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, ISO 27001) requirements and controls relevant to security incident response, and experience how to implement such controls
- Comprehensive knowledge of public cloud service providers, especially AWS, Azure, and GCP, and how to create scalable and adaptable security controls for detection and response.
- Highly competent in SOAR, SIEM, NIDS/HIDS, cloud monitoring tools, Kubernetes, and other relevant technology
- Knowledge of Legal, PR/Marketing, and customer support concerns regarding incident response, including confidentiality, message framing, privacy concerns, etc.
- Advanced understanding of common offensive practices, how to detect them, and how to defend against them
- Experience planning complex projects and executing on time and on budget
- Very strong collaboration skills through a large variety of communication channels
- Demonstrated leadership, including ability to motive teams under severe pressure or stress
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- High degree of empathy for others
- Proven record of self-motivation and the ability to work with minimum supervision
- You can transition between break/fix and business strategy sessions with ease
- Experience working with executive and senior leaders to interpret business challenges into technical solutions
- Quick learner, proactive individual with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast changing environment
- You are methodical and detail oriented
Why you'll love Sprinklr: We’re committed to creating the kind of culture where you feel like you belong, are happier today than yesterday, and your contributions matter. At Sprinklr, our goal is to treat everyone like family and passionately, genuinely care. For full-time employees, we offer flexible paid time off and paid parental leave, medical plans, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) savings plans, employee stock options, gym and wellness discounts, Plum benefits, Lifemart discounts, and paid time off to invest in learning and career development.
We focus on our mission: We founded Sprinklr with one mission: to enable every organization on the planet to make their customers happier. Our vision is to be the world’s most loved enterprise software company, ever.
We believe in our product: Sprinklr was built from the ground up to enable a brand’s digital transformation. Its platform provides every customer-facing team with the ability to reach, engage and listen to customers around the world. At Sprinklr, we have many of the world's largest brands as our clients, and our employees have the opportunity to work closely alongside them.
We invest in our people: At Sprinklr, we believe every human has the potential to be amazing. We empower each Sprinklrite in the journey toward achieving their personal and professional best. For wellbeing, this includes daily meditation breaks, virtual fitness, and access to Headspace. We have continuous learning opportunities available with Audible for Business, LinkedIn Learning, and more.
EEO - Our philosophy: Our goal is to ensure every employee feels like they belong and are operating in a judgement-free zone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, and lifestyle preference, among others. We value and celebrate diversity and fervently believe every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We believe we are stronger when we belong because collectively, we’re more innovative, creative, and successful.
Sprinklr is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Sprinklr’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.