As the world moves even more online due to the coronavirus pandemic, customers are connected and empowered like never before. Customers want an immediate, personalized and consistent experience, no matter which channel they choose to engage with a brand. Sprinklr helps brands meet the demands of today’s customers by providing them with the insights they need to make every interaction matter. Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises with 2000+ employees helping the world’s most valuable enterprises make their customers happier. Learn more about our culture and how we make our employees happier through The Sprinklr Way.
What You'll Do
Sprinklr’s Legal Department is looking for a Senior Counsel, Corporate & Securities to perform a broad range of legal work with a focus on supporting all corporate, security and governance matters. Reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, Transactions, the Senior Counsel, Corporate & Securities will oversee a variety of corporate, governance, securities and transactional matters, with a potential focus on SEC and public company matters and subsidiary management, and will work closely with the Company’s finance department. This position requires a strong corporate, governance, securities and transactional background; an analytical and detail-oriented mindset, coupled with strong communication skills; the ability to spot and analyze legal issues, present positive, creative solutions, and advise management on risks.
- Drafting all securities filings (e.g., 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, and proxy statement) and securities-related legal documentation for M&A transactions, with finance and outside counsel support as needed (e.g., private placements or Form S-4 registration statements)
- Securities law disclosure review and advice (e.g., press and earnings releases, investor relations presentations, website disclosures, Regulation G, Regulation FD matters)
- Securities law administration and compliance (e.g., equity incentive plan matters, securities trading policy administration, transfer agent matters and matters with respect to other securities laws and NASDAQ requirements)
- Developing and reviewing Board of Directors resolutions, meeting minutes and presentations and related public company and corporate governance matters as required
- Assisting with the preparation, organization and delivery of materials for Board and Board Committee meetings and the annual stockholder meeting
- Actively assisting the Compliance department with statutory, regulatory, corporate governance and industry-standard requirements and support functional department requests and transactions
- Actively overseeing subsidiary entity and director and officer management, including:
- International and U.S. entity governance and maintenance
- Assisting in the formation and dissolution of entities; changes in entity organization structure and management and other changes for the Company’s many subsidiaries
- Preparing and reviewing minutes, resolutions, powers of attorney and corporate organizational documents, including certificates of incorporation and bylaws
- Working with outside counsel and various agencies and authorities with respect to entity filings, governance and maintenance
- Assisting on a variety of corporate legal issues, projects and initiatives as needed
- Providing day-to-day counseling and advice on corporate and securities law matters
- Supporting the General Counsel in advising the Board of Directors on corporate governance and improving Board processes and practices, including the preparation of Board materials, minutes, and governance policy updates
- Working closely with the Finance team (especially the controller's group) on financial reporting, equity administration, and disclosure issues
- Advising on executive compensation and private company equity grant matters
- Helping build a best-in-class corporate and securities function that can ultimately operate in a public company setting
- Effectively managing outside counsel in complex financing and other corporate and M&A transactions, including secondary and primary financing transactions
- Managing the corporate governance of our subsidiary and affiliate entities
- Assisting the Legal team in developing Sprinklr’s compliance program, including policy and training documents
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified
- An attorney with a JD and admission to a state bar
- Equipped with 5+ years of relevant in-house and/or top-firm experience
- A clear, collaborative communicator with an attention to detail and organizational prowess
- Armed with extensive knowledge of corporate and securities law for public companies, especially when it comes to SEC and stock exchange compliance as well as '34 Act reporting obligations
- A skillful drafter and issue-spotter capable of assessing both legal and business risks
- Experienced reviewing earnings press releases and other public disclosures
- Knowledgeable of Section 16 reporting and insider trading compliance matters
- An eager, flexible learner who's confident in handling tasks and answering questions you've never faced
- Not on the Office of Inspector General's List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Must have knowledge of securities laws and experience preparing SEC filings
- Experience with public company and subsidiary corporate governance
- Debt financing, capital markets and/or merger & acquisitions experience is a plus
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask with great attention to detail and a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines within a changing, fast‐paced environment
- Team player with the ability to work with all levels of the organization, including working closely with the Company’s finance department
- Ability to foster good business relationships (internally and externally)
- Must demonstrate good judgment and work ethic
- Works independently and takes initiative
Why you'll love Sprinklr: We’re committed to creating the kind of culture where you feel like you belong, are happier today than yesterday, and your contributions matter. At Sprinklr, our goal is to treat everyone like family and passionately, genuinely care. For full-time employees, we offer flexible paid time off and paid parental leave, medical plans, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) savings plans, employee stock options, gym and wellness discounts, Plum benefits, Lifemart discounts, and paid time off to invest in learning and career development.
We focus on our mission: We founded Sprinklr with one mission: to enable every organization on the planet to make their customers happier. Our vision is to be the world’s most loved enterprise software company, ever.
We believe in our product: Sprinklr was built from the ground up to enable a brand’s digital transformation. Its platform provides every customer-facing team with the ability to reach, engage and listen to customers around the world. At Sprinklr, we have many of the world's largest brands as our clients, and our employees have the opportunity to work closely alongside them.
We invest in our people: At Sprinklr, we believe every human has the potential to be amazing. We empower each Sprinklrite in the journey toward achieving their personal and professional best. For wellbeing, this includes daily meditation breaks, virtual fitness, and access to Headspace. We have continuous learning opportunities available with Audible for Business, LinkedIn Learning, and more.
EEO - Our philosophy: Our goal is to ensure every employee feels like they belong and are operating in a judgement-free zone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, and lifestyle preference, among others. We value and celebrate diversity and fervently believe every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We believe we are stronger when we belong because collectively, we’re more innovative, creative, and successful.
Sprinklr is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Sprinklr’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.