As the world moves even more online due to the coronavirus pandemic, customers are connected and empowered like never before. Customers want an immediate, personalized and consistent experience, no matter which channel they choose to engage with a brand. Sprinklr helps brands meet the demands of today’s customers by providing them with the insights they need to make every interaction matter. Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises with 2000+ employees helping the world’s most valuable enterprises make their customers happier. Learn more about our culture and how we make our employees happier through The Sprinklr Way.
What You'll Do
Content Developer / Customer Education Creative forms part of Sprinklr University and provides Customers with all aspects of a training program (i.e. plan, develop curriculum, and deliver best in class training) with a specific focus on content design and development. The role displays a depth & breadth of functional knowledge in Sprinklr applications. This role is responsible for applying best practices to engagements that require professional training development, production and delivery.
- Design & develop Sprinklr product & CXM industry content (videos, visuals, how-to’s, etc) & courses.
- Conduct needs assessments, identifying specific performance gaps and knowledge gaps.
- Write effective learning objectives and design content that meets them.
- Apply recognised instructional design methodologies for adult learning.
- Develop training material in support of multiple learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic).
- Contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects; meet deadlines.
- Proactively share progress, risks, and recommendations while seeking guidance / direction / approval as necessary.
- Facilitate meetings to gather information required for development and set expectations with internal and external clients and provide clear, succinct updates.
- Manage details of the task/project through the use of basic project management skills.
- Provide solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exhibit sensitivity to cultural diversity in all content, simulations and activities.
- Follow department standards and templates specific to instructional strategies and delivery methods.
- Create high-impact, real-world use cases, workshops, simulations and exercises.
- Collaborate with SME to create training delivery plans, obtain product related content and develop relevant use cases and exercises.
- Evaluate success of the program based on client needs and learning objectives.
- Conduct training assessments and persona assessment through workshops, interviews or surveys
- Compile training assessment findings, identify themes & deliver related training plan outlining the activities required to support the overall project including a curriculum map, delivery plan, and timeline
- Build long term trusted relationships with our clients and colleagues by addressing any client issues, resolving conflicts, and exceeding client expectations for successful projects
- Develop and deliver end user training curriculums based on client’s use cases and Sprinklr applications; activities include development and delivery of training across multiple channels (web-based, classroom, virtual) and leverage a variety of learning tools.
Why you'll love Sprinklr: We’re committed to creating the kind of culture where you feel like you belong, are happier today than yesterday, and your contributions matter. At Sprinklr, our goal is to treat everyone like family and passionately, genuinely care. For full-time employees, we offer flexible paid time off and paid parental leave, medical plans, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) savings plans, employee stock options, gym and wellness discounts, Plum benefits, Lifemart discounts, and paid time off to invest in learning and career development.
We focus on our mission: We founded Sprinklr with one mission: to enable every organization on the planet to make their customers happier. Our vision is to be the world’s most loved enterprise software company, ever.
We believe in our product: Sprinklr was built from the ground up to enable a brand’s digital transformation. Its platform provides every customer-facing team with the ability to reach, engage and listen to customers around the world. At Sprinklr, we have many of the world's largest brands as our clients, and our employees have the opportunity to work closely alongside them.
We invest in our people: At Sprinklr, we believe every human has the potential to be amazing. We empower each Sprinklrite in the journey toward achieving their personal and professional best. For wellbeing, this includes daily meditation breaks, virtual fitness, and access to Headspace. We have continuous learning opportunities available with Audible for Business, LinkedIn Learning, and more.
EEO - Our philosophy: Our goal is to ensure every employee feels like they belong and are operating in a judgement-free zone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, and lifestyle preference, among others. We value and celebrate diversity and fervently believe every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We believe we are stronger when we belong because collectively, we’re more innovative, creative, and successful.
Sprinklr is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Sprinklr’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.