As the world moves even more online due to the coronavirus pandemic, customers are connected and empowered like never before. Customers want an immediate, personalized and consistent experience, no matter which channel they choose to engage with a brand. Sprinklr helps brands meet the demands of today’s customers by providing them with the insights they need to make every interaction matter. Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises with 2000+ employees helping the world’s most valuable enterprises make their customers happier. Learn more about our culture and how we make our employees happier through The Sprinklr Way.
The Director, Global Benefits is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of Sprinklr’s benefit and wellness programs globally. Reporting to the VP, Global Total Rewards, the Director will provide leadership in scaling the health, wellness, and retirement benefits program as Sprinklr scales, and contribute to the overall strategic direction and alignment of all benefit programs with Sprinklr’s Total Rewards strategy.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Manage and lead the implementation, oversight and management of benefits and wellness programs, policies, plans and processes globally.
- Develop and implement best in class programs to support the changing needs of the organization and its employees, in alignment with Sprinklr Global Total Rewards philosophy.
- Develop tools and communication vehicles that increase employee engagement and understanding of global benefit programs and the value they deliver.
- Work closely with brokers globally to evaluate and benchmark Sprinklr’s benefits programs based on global market trends and best practices.
- Provide thought leadership, expertise, and guidance in the development of innovative wellness programs.
- Oversee M&A due diligence, resource planning and integration activities for the benefits function.
- Ensure compliance with global and local requirements such as ACA, ERISA and HIPAA and other state and federal requirements as needed.
- Work closely with internal business partners and broker partners to track benefits spend and analyze trends for all lines of coverage, including self-funded plans.
- Drive and manage benefit annual renewals and enrollment process, involved in all phases of renewal discussions, benefits communication plan, conducting employee meetings, etc.
- Oversee US leave management reporting, vendor management, policies and partnering closely with Legal and Culture & Talent teams.
- Lead/participate in ad hoc projects and duties, as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 12 years of experience in benefits at a global scale
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Alignment with The Sprinklr Way, our guide to operating and working at Sprinklr.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and influencing skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication with high attention to detail.
- Desire to interact with individuals from other countries and cultures and provide excellent customer service.
- Proven ability to work efficiently, both independently and as a contributing member of the Culture & Talent team, and various other internal departments.
- High levels of flexibility and time management. Ability and willingness to accommodate calls with different time zones.
- Seasoned experience with data management and analysis.
Why you'll love Sprinklr: We’re committed to creating the kind of culture where you feel like you belong, are happier today than yesterday, and your contributions matter. At Sprinklr, our goal is to treat everyone like family and passionately, genuinely care. For full-time employees, we offer flexible paid time off and paid parental leave, medical plans, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) savings plans, employee stock options, gym and wellness discounts, Plum benefits, Lifemart discounts, and paid time off to invest in learning and career development.
We focus on our mission: We founded Sprinklr with one mission: to enable every organization on the planet to make their customers happier. Our vision is to be the world’s most loved enterprise software company, ever.
We believe in our product: Sprinklr was built from the ground up to enable a brand’s digital transformation. Its platform provides every customer-facing team with the ability to reach, engage and listen to customers around the world. At Sprinklr, we have many of the world's largest brands as our clients, and our employees have the opportunity to work closely alongside them.
We invest in our people: At Sprinklr, we believe every human has the potential to be amazing. We empower each Sprinklrite in the journey toward achieving their personal and professional best. For wellbeing, this includes daily meditation breaks, virtual fitness, and access to Headspace. We have continuous learning opportunities available with Audible for Business, LinkedIn Learning, and more.
EEO - Our philosophy: Our goal is to ensure every employee feels like they belong and are operating in a judgement-free zone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, and lifestyle preference, among others. We value and celebrate diversity and fervently believe every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We believe we are stronger when we belong because collectively, we’re more innovative, creative, and successful.
Sprinklr is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Sprinklr’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.