As the world moves even more online due to the coronavirus pandemic, customers are connected and empowered like never before. Customers want an immediate, personalized and consistent experience, no matter which channel they choose to engage with a brand. Sprinklr helps brands meet the demands of today’s customers by providing them with the insights they need to make every interaction matter. Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises with 2000+ employees helping the world’s most valuable enterprises make their customers happier. Learn more about our culture and how we make our employees happier through The Sprinklr Way.
Design Director Job Description
Who We Are
Sprinklr is a Customer Experience Management (CXM) platform for modern enterprises, helping the world’s most valuable companies make their customers happier. Sprinklr is 1,900 employees strong, valued at $2.7 billion, and positioned at the forefront of the customer experience management industry. At a time when consumers are connected and empowered like never before, Sprinklr is helping the world’s largest brands provide immediate, personalized and consistent experiences at every turn.
Sprinklr offers a set of powerful social capabilities that allow our clients to reach, engage, and listen to customers across 24 social channels. We empower entire organizations to work together – across marketing, advertising, research, commerce, and customer care – to manage customer experience at scale. Sprinklr works with more than 1,000 of the most recognized brands around the world, including Nike, JPMorgan Chase, Verizon, McDonald’s, Microsoft, P&G, and more than 50% of the Fortune 50.
What You'll Do
Sprinklr is looking for a talented designer and experienced manager to lead design efforts on Marketing’s Creative Services team. Reporting to the VP of Content and Creative Services, the Design Director will play a pivotal role in embracing the developing brand aesthetic and visual system; understanding the volume and breadth of design needs across Marketing; and leading their small team of brand and web designers to execute with creativity and innovation, within established timeframes, and in a manner that captivates and engages our target audience.
As part of our Agile Marketing pod methodology, the Design Director will manage designers that are aligned to and executing brand, production, and digital needs for focused product lines. S/he will help develop templates and best practices for digital ad creative; eBooks and whitepapers; web pages; presentation decks, and more. S/he will ensure that the Sprinklr brand and visual ethos consistently cascades through all projects, at the same time that s/he is focused on pushing the boundaries of innovation to better engage our customers, and understanding what creative is driving the most conversions. The Design Director will also work closely with the Senior Art Director from the Brand team to understand and operationalize evolving brand guidelines.
You Will be Responsible to:
- Manage a team of brand and web designers that will support needs across digital ads, email templates, infographics, print, ebooks, case studies, whitepapers, social and other content types, and ensure quality and consistency across their work.
- Oversee the representation of our brand across multiple channels, products, and pod groups, breathing life into our campaigns through concepting and ideation while ensuring consistency.
- Mentor and coach junior designers, providing regular feedback in order to both elevate work product and keep projects on track.
- Help develop and refine processes for the briefing, kickoff, review, and approval of all design projects.
- Understand our target persona and industries and develop visual nuances that effectively speak to all priority segments.
- Work with a project/production resource to manage a high volume of deadlines, prioritize and allocate assignments, and deliver all projects on time.
- Manage capacity, tracking available bandwidth on your team and bringing in freelance resources as needed.
- Establish a strong working relationship with the Senior Art Director to understand the developing brand visual system and help create brand guidelines and templates to support ongoing consistency and efficiency.
- Work closely with your Copy and Content counterparts, elevating all work product through collaborative ideation.
- Help create and manage visual libraries (icons, photography, illustration, client logos, etc)
- Create and manage evergreen content libraries.
- Provide support for events, from booth and signage needs to swag fulfillment.
- Coordinate with the localization team and field representatives to ensure that the Sprinklr brand is tailored when needed in order to resonate in different markets.
- Develop best practices for all channel and content types to drive increasingly higher engagement and conversion rates; work with the Analytics team to understand what’s performing; and participate in a creative review process to share results across the team and continually iterate for better performance.
- Inspire your team to push creative boundaries and distinguish Sprinklr by its unique brand, while delivering projects on time and at scale.
- Be a steady influence for your team, calmly managing through transformation and ambiguity.
You Are Qualified if You Have:
- BA / BFA in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Graphic Arts or related field.
- 3-5 years design direction experience, with 2+ years managing full-time designers and freelance resources.
- At least 2+ years of B2B experience required, ideally including time at a rapid-growth social, SaaS, and/or technology company.
- A generalist background, with a focus on brand design, digital media, and content design production.
- An impressive, well-rounded portfolio documenting work across multiple disciplines.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite; with digital design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch and InVision; and with PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- Advanced understanding of visual design systems, hierarchy, typography, illustration, photography, color, and composition.
- Fluency with designing for responsive.
- High level of organization, with attention to detail.
- Proven track record of developing thoughtful, meaningful, and successful creative solutions.
- Demonstrated capacity to understand the business and the greater context in which creative will live, and to collaborate across marketing and/or company functions.
- Ability to contribute individually and as a team player.
- Appetite for collaboration with an ongoing tenacity to learn and grow.
- Ability to generate solutions / ideas for a variety of creative challenges — some of which are well-defined and others that may be vague.
- Strong understanding of best practices, specs and processes in digital and print production.
Why you'll love Sprinklr: We’re committed to creating the kind of culture where you feel like you belong, are happier today than yesterday, and your contributions matter. At Sprinklr, our goal is to treat everyone like family and passionately, genuinely care. For full-time employees, we offer flexible paid time off and paid parental leave, medical plans, dental and vision plans, life insurance, 401(k) savings plans, employee stock options, gym and wellness discounts, Plum benefits, Lifemart discounts, and paid time off to invest in learning and career development.
We focus on our mission: We founded Sprinklr with one mission: to enable every organization on the planet to make their customers happier. Our vision is to be the world’s most loved enterprise software company, ever.
We believe in our product: Sprinklr was built from the ground up to enable a brand’s digital transformation. Its platform provides every customer-facing team with the ability to reach, engage and listen to customers around the world. At Sprinklr, we have many of the world's largest brands as our clients, and our employees have the opportunity to work closely alongside them.
We invest in our people: At Sprinklr, we believe every human has the potential to be amazing. We empower each Sprinklrite in the journey toward achieving their personal and professional best. For wellbeing, this includes daily meditation breaks, virtual fitness, and access to Headspace. We have continuous learning opportunities available with Audible for Business, LinkedIn Learning, and more.
EEO - Our philosophy: Our goal is to ensure every employee feels like they belong and are operating in a judgement-free zone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, and lifestyle preference, among others. We value and celebrate diversity and fervently believe every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We believe we are stronger when we belong because collectively, we’re more innovative, creative, and successful.
Sprinklr is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Sprinklr’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.