About SpringWorks Therapeutics
SpringWorks Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company applying a precision medicine approach to acquiring, developing, and commercializing life-changing medicines for underserved patient populations suffering from devastating rare diseases and cancer. SpringWorks has a differentiated portfolio of small molecule targeted oncology product candidates and is advancing two potentially registrational clinical trials in rare tumor types, as well as several other programs addressing highly prevalent, genetically defined cancers. SpringWorks’ strategic approach and operational excellence in clinical development have enabled it to rapidly advance its two lead product candidates into late-stage clinical trials while simultaneously entering into multiple shared-value partnerships with industry leaders to expand its portfolio.
About the Role:
The Medical Training & Development Associate Director will be responsible for leading the implementation of training initiatives for new hires and experienced employees across Medical Affairs, create, deliver and facilitate role-specific and product training, as well as interface across various functions within the company to ensure that scientific medical training activities are structured to enable the achievement of Medical Affairs objectives and deliverables.
Primary responsibilities will include conducting learning needs assessments, creating, delivering and coordinating new hire medical training, advanced medical training, and ongoing skills training. Deliverables include instructor led training materials, electronic learning (eLearning), mobile learning (mLearning), micro-learning, quick reference materials, and converting existing content into digital formats. This individual will be expected to manage multiple curricula and resources, and work in close collaboration with Medical, Clinical, Legal and Compliance functions to implement approved learning resources.
- In partnership with GMA, work to uncover unmet educational & development needs and co-create with subject matter experts and deploy competencies, solutions, processes and frameworks.
- Lead and implement effective training programs, drive deep learning using latest methodologies with respect to change management and omnichannel approached techniques adapted to the audiences.
- Build and implement post-training tools to analyze training effectiveness and work with cross functional teams to continually improve training curriculum to meet organizational needs.
- Manage simultaneous learning projects and meet deadlines, with the ability to build learning content and collaborate on content reuse across multiple stakeholders.
- Manage the review of materials to ensure that training meets compliance, regulatory, legal, and medical requirements, incorporate all appropriate stakeholder requirements, and ensure approved, compliant training.
- Drives continuous improvement of training curriculum and proactively learns new digital learning technologies, and new adult learning methods.
- Manage, analyze, design, develop and deliver training materials for our disease states, and products.
- Design and implement medical affairs training curriculum and programs, for both home office and field-based teams.
- Partner with senior leaders to determine learning gaps in scientific content, product knowledge and skills
- Develop and maintain a strong trusted advisor relationship with the medical affairs function, ensuring the training strategy is integrated into business requirements and delivers business outcomes.
- Work in partnership with other training colleagues to ensure consistency of design and execution.
- Select, develop, and manage relationships with vendors/partners.
- Collaborate across work streams in order to build training for offsite meetings.
- Ensure transparent communication with internal stakeholders.
- Establish and implement key metrics to track and communicate value and impact of learning initiatives to all stakeholders.
- Execute project management activities to support medical training initiatives.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
About You: Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Education: Advanced scientific degree required (e.g. Masters of Science, PharmD, PhD or MD).
- 7+ years of Scientific Communication experience, Medical Training experience, or equivalent required.
- Experienced learning professional across the full learning lifecycle (Learning Needs Analysis, Instructional Design & Development, Solution implementation, Facilitation, Evaluation) and demonstrated ability applying this to a wide range of learning activities.
- Experienced use of adult learning methods across a blend of learning delivery methodologies (classroom, e-learning, m-learning, webinars, in-person & virtual facilitation).
- Experience with multiple learning technologies – e.g. Captivate, Articulate, iSpring, Video scribe, Whiteboard.
- Proven communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to influence, collaborate and interact effectively across multiple stakeholders in Medical Affairs, Learning and Development, HR, Compliance, and Legal organizations, in order to align on objectives and provide consistent training direction.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications: MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word required.
- Ability to inspire a team to excel and foster a positive environment - encouraging accountability and excitement for scientific communications.
- Ability to think broadly, understanding the potential impact of scientific communications practices on the company, healthcare providers, patients, payers, and regulators.
- This position must be able to work East Coast hours.
- Ability to travel occasionally (<15%).
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience
- Therapeutic Experience: Oncology/Immunology experience preferred.
- Rare disease experience strongly preferred.
Are you a SpringWorker?
How much do you care?
How well do you partner with others?
How fast do you move?
Are you a problem solver?
Are you comfortable challenging convention?
At SpringWorks Therapeutics, we ignite the power of promising science to unleash new possibilities for patients. We work hard, we care even harder and we’re in it together. We are looking for ambitious, smart, and hardworking colleagues to join our growing team.
SpringWorks Therapeutics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GDPR Statement: When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by SpringWorks Therapeutics (“Controller”), which is located at 100 Washington Blvd, Stamford CT 6902 and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller for as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.