About SpringWorks Therapeutics
SpringWorks Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company applying a precision medicine approach to acquiring, developing, and commercializing life-changing medicines for underserved patient populations suffering from devastating rare diseases and cancer. SpringWorks has a differentiated portfolio of small molecule targeted oncology product candidates and is advancing two potentially registrational clinical trials in rare tumor types, as well as several other programs addressing highly prevalent, genetically defined cancers. SpringWorks’ strategic approach and operational excellence in clinical development have enabled it to rapidly advance its two lead product candidates into late-stage clinical trials while simultaneously entering into multiple shared-value partnerships with industry leaders to expand its portfolio.
About the Role:
The Associate Director, Strategy & Business Development will be responsible for identifying, assessing, and conducting evaluations and due diligence on new therapeutic assets and collaboration opportunities as part of an integrated team that drives strategic, business development, competitive intelligence, and partnering initiatives within SpringWorks.
- Drive scientific, preclinical, clinical, strategic, competitive, and commercial evaluations of the SpringWorks portfolio
- Maintain internal knowledge base in areas of scientific, clinical, and strategic interest to the company and identify emerging opportunities via scientific/medical conference attendance, market research, KOL interactions, and literature reviews
- Partner with team members across functions to support scientific and business due diligence evaluations of new licensing and collaboration opportunities
- Collaborate towards optimal deal structure and financial considerations for new opportunities and support transactions from term sheet submission through definitive document finalization
- Lead special projects across a range of topics of strategic and operational importance to the company
- Collaborate with and communicate across business units and functional areas (R&D, Medical Affairs, Legal, Program Management, Finance) to integrate cross-functional input into due diligence evaluations and strategic projects
- Prepare presentations and lead internal meetings to review recommendations related to new licensing and collaboration opportunities
- Conduct analyses and prepare materials to support interactions with key external stakeholders (e.g., Board members, existing/prospective investors, and/or research analysts)
About You: Required Education, Skills, and Experience
- Doctorate degree preferably in cancer/cell biology or a related field and 3 years of Pharmaceutical or Biotech experience
- Master’s degree and 6 years of Pharmaceutical or Biotech experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of Pharmaceutical or Biotech experience
- 7+ years of experience evaluating new therapeutic asset opportunities (e.g., business development in a biopharmaceutical company, sell-side equity research, venture capital investing, hedge fund investing, investment banking)
- Ability to interpret and evaluate preclinical and clinical data
- Strong quantitative, financial modeling, and forecasting skills (MS Excel)
- Ability to craft clear and impactful presentation materials for internal and external audiences (MS PowerPoint)
- Persistent attention to detail and ability to work independently while managing timelines and priorities
- Demonstrated experience in managing and influencing diverse project activities
- Ability to make sound judgement in complex situations and adapt to changing business needs by prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and decision makers
- Exceptional communication skills, with ability to cogently express complex ideas verbally and in writing
- Unassailable integrity and a passion for bringing new therapies to patients.
- Persistent attention to detail and ability to work independently while managing timelines and priorities.
- Deep knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry and drug development process.
- Broad understanding of Oncology, including therapeutic and development landscapes
Are you a SpringWorker?
How much do you care?
How well do you partner with others?
How fast do you move?
Are you a problem solver?
Are you comfortable challenging convention?
At SpringWorks Therapeutics, we ignite the power of promising science to unleash new possibilities for patients. We work hard, we care even harder and we’re in it together. We are looking for ambitious, smart, and hardworking colleagues to join our growing team.
SpringWorks Therapeutics is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GDPR Statement: When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by SpringWorks Therapeutics (“Controller”), which is located at 100 Washington Blvd, Stamford CT 6902 and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller for as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.