Our mission: to eliminate every barrier to mental health.
Spring Health is a comprehensive mental health solution for employers and health plans. Unlike any other solution, we use clinically validated technology called Precision Mental Healthcare to pinpoint and deliver exactly what will work for each person — whether that’s meditation, coaching, therapy, medication, and beyond.
Today, Spring Health equips over 800 companies, from start-ups to multinational Fortune 500 corporations, as a leading and preferred mental health service. Companies like General Mills, Guardian, Bain, and Instacart use the Spring Health platform to provide mental health services to thousands of their team members globally. We have raised over $300 million from prominent investors including Kinnevik, Tiger Global, Northzone, RRE Ventures, Rethink Impact, Work-Bench, William K Warren Foundation, SemperVirens, Able Partners, True Capital Ventures, and a strategic investor, Guardian Life Insurance. Thanks to their partnership, our current valuation has reached $2 billion.
We are looking for a Product Designer II to join the Customer Experience team, who will build new experiences to drive broader adoption with members and business customers. You will help our customers improve the overall health, well-being and satisfaction of their employees and dependents, prevent burnout, increase productivity, reduce sick absenteeism, and attract and compete for top talent. And we will demonstrate clear, world-class ROI to customers. The candidate will directly impact revenue and customer satisfaction. You will join a blossoming cross-functional Product team, focused on and measured by outcomes, and empowered to drive KPIs and business results. We have a broad range of design skills on the team and we pride ourselves on a strong culture of experimentation, creativity, and accountability. The challenges on this team should get you excited about uncovering opportunities to address member needs while ensuring Spring Health as a business continues to be healthy and growing.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the User Research team to continue learning about our customers and their goals.
- Translate product requirements into innovative designs that achieve measurable results
- Cultivate a deep understanding of our customers and members throughout their journey, and advocate for solutions based on their needs and pain points
- Work on design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant for our supported platforms
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process to broader stakeholders
- Help deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Generate design work plans; accurately estimate work items and communicate dependencies and issues as necessary.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, engineering, user research, and business stakeholders to brainstorm and solve for key roadmap priorities.
- Support engineering through every stage of the product lifecycle to ensure designs match specifications and perform well in production
- Collaborate closely with other designers to jam on ideas, prototype, execute, and deliver functional designs
- Craft thoughtful and iterate user flows, interactions, and solutions by utilizing user research, prototyping, user testing, data, and best-in-class design.
- Balance user needs, technical constraints, and business objectives to solve problems effectively
- Contribute to our vision to eliminate every barrier to mental healthcare and establish Spring Health as global center of excellence for behavioral health
What we expect from you
You’ve worked for 3+ years in product design capacity at a technology-driven organization ideally with data scientists, engineers, and product designers.
Design: Expertise with Figma and prototyping. Genuine interest in building accessible and inclusive products. Capable of conducting user research to validate hypotheses and make thoughtful decisions, visual design work, and copywriting. A portfolio of strong mobile design, visual design, interaction design, and product design work. You can generate numerous potential solutions to a problem. More importantly, you can screen out bad ideas and identify good ones. In our design environment, a designer needs the ability to brainstorm without ego attachment to any particular idea.
Collaborative: Effectively collaborate and communicate cross-functionally to gain an understanding of the key problems to focus on and solve them.
User-oriented: You are curious about how other people work, live, and think. You will enjoy meeting the users of our products and thinking about design by visualizing yourself as one who will use it.
Systems Oriented: You can understand systems and processes in software and the real world. You will be required to digest and understand the many complex factors of the mental health industry, from social norms to the highly regulatory environment. You can successfully navigate those factors as you create design solutions.
Analytical: You’re an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic and leads with a user-centered approach.
Communicator: You possess strong communication skills for articulating, discussing, and advocating design decisions.
Executor: You have successfully shipped consumer experiences in business-to-business products that have driven high user satisfaction and engagement.
Growth Mindset: A willingness to fail and learn. An earnest, mature, and ego-free attitude that welcomes candid feedback. You’re not satisfied with the status quo and always think of ways to improve. You are comfortable working in a space where problems and solutions are not well defined. You can cope with change, shift gears comfortably, and decide and act without the total picture.
Above all, you are empathetic, generous, and curious. You understand that our product can have a significant impact on real lives and you put users first in every decision you make.
Nice to have
- An adaptive & resilient mindset
- Excitement about mental health
- Has worked for a B2B2C company model
- Experience working on both web and mobile applications
- Can balance customers with member needs
You will be surrounded by many talented, inspiring people everyday. You will be part of an amazing, skilled, and supportive product and engineering team. You will work in close collaboration with product, data science, research, strategy, and others to build experiences for people.
The target salary range for this position is $120,000 - $150,250, and is part of a competitive total rewards package including stock options, benefits, and incentive pay for eligible roles. Individual pay may vary from the target range and is determined by a number of factors including experience, location, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs annually at minimum to ensure competitive and fair pay.
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women, communities of color and historically underrepresented talent are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Spring Health we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we strongly encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
Ready to do the most impactful work of your life? Learn more about our values, how we work, and how hypergrowth meets impact at Spring Health: Our Values
Hypergrowth meets impact
What to expect working here:
- You will be held accountable to an exceptionally high bar and impact
- This may be the fastest work environment you will ever experience in terms of growth, decision-making, and time to impact
- You will be challenged to set and protect your own boundaries
- You will create processes & products that have never existed before
- You will have very direct conversations and receive continuous feedback to push you to become the highest performer you can be
- Change is a constant here: your role, team, responsibilities, and success metrics will shift as the company grows
- You get to be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the field
- You get to learn and grow at an extremely accelerated pace
- You will experience transparency, integrity, & humility from leadership
- You will be empowered to constantly challenge the status quo
- You get the space to experiment & innovate
- You get to make a transformational impact for the company, mental health, and for real human lives — and you will see that impact quickly
- You will become more resourceful and resilient
- You get to be part of a winning team that opens doors in the future
Benefits provided by Spring Health:
Focus on total health including:
- Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
- 20 total yearly no-cost visits to the Spring Health network of therapists, coaches, and medication management providers for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off in addition to 12 paid holidays throughout the year
- $500 per year Wellness Reimbursement
- Spring Health provides access to QuitGenius, a platform with technology-tailored, personalized addiction treatment plans for substance use (*QG is available to benefit-enrolled employees, spouses, and dependents age 18+)
Supporting you and your family:
- 4-4.5 months of fully paid parental leave
- Spring Health provides team members and their families with sponsored access to Bright Horizons® child care, back-up care, and elder care.
- Access to Joshin is provided by Spring Health. Joshin is a comprehensive support system for disabilities and neurodivergence in the workplace. This benefit supports employees, their families, and our teams through personalized navigation and disability education and training along with a network of screened in-home caregivers with disability and neurodivergent experience.
Supporting you financially through:
- Our People team benchmarks all salaries using the Radford Global Compensation Database for technology and life sciences industries. Radford benchmarks salaries with 3,589 global firms, 6.5 million employees, and 98 countries across the globe. We do this to ensure all of our team members are paid equally and competitively.
- On top of competitive and benchmarked salary, Spring Health offers incentive pay (based on role), and equity that begins vesting as we celebrate your first year with the company!
- Employer sponsored 401(k) match of up to 2% after 90 days of employment
Creating a culture you can thrive in:
- Flexible work arrangements: 60% of Spring Health team members work fully remote while 40% work in a hybrid model from our New York City offices
- Calm Fridays: no meetings, no distractions, just time for you to get work done.
- Up to $1,000 Professional Development Reimbursement per calendar year. Any requests over $250 must be requested for pre-approval prior to enrollment by sending an email to the People Team.
- $200 per year donation matching to support your favorite causes
Spring Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable legal requirements. Spring Health is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.