Who are we?
Springfield Prep Charter School is a K-7 (and growing to K-8) public charter school in Springfield, Massachusetts that prepares all students for high school, college, and life. We are driven by the belief that all children deserve a world-class education and that they can and will achieve when provided with high expectations, rigorous curriculum, and a joyful school culture. Our community is doing exciting work together and in 2019, we were named a Massachusetts School of Recognition.
What makes teaching at Springfield Prep different?
- Co-teaching and collaboration are the norm, with a 2-teacher model in all K-4 classrooms
- Weekly 1-on-1 coaching in your first year; bi-weekly coaching for all teachers
- Weekly, professional development and team meeting time built into the schedule (students dismiss at 12:30 pm on Fridays to accommodate this)
- Resources, support, and planning time to develop and refine curriculum and lesson plans
- Incredible Operations, Student Support, and School Culture teams so you can focus on teaching
What makes a great Upper Elementary Teacher at our school?
- You are looking to join a mission-driven community where everyone works together towards a common goal.
- You enjoy developing and enhancing an engaging, rigorous curriculum to ensure that grade 3-4 students grow as readers, writers, mathematicians, and scientists as they prepare for the rigors of middle school.
- You have a strong conviction that all students, regardless of their background, can achieve at the highest levels.
- You want to build relationships with students and families to create a positive classroom culture with high expectations and respect for students' diverse backgrounds and identities.
- You value frequent, supportive feedback to help you grow as a teacher.
Who should apply?
Our community and student body are diverse, and we believe that we can best achieve our mission when our leadership, teachers, and staff reflect our students’ identities. Therefore, we are committed to being a diverse organization at all levels. With this in mind, we encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply.
We do have a few requirements and preferred qualifications for our teachers:
- You must have earned a Bachelor’s degree by the start of the school year.
- You can join us in early August 2021 and commit to an extended-day schedule (typically 7:20 AM - 3:45 PM or 7:55 AM - 4:20 PM, Monday through Friday).
- Classroom teaching experience and/or certification(s) are highly preferred.
- Don’t yet have classroom experience? Check out our Associate Teacher role, too!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Springfield Preparatory Charter School provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal or state law.