Spring gives scientists superpowers. We put world-leading technology in the hands of researchers working to understand and battle disease. This requires great engineering and high-quality software that transforms scientists’ current reality (of crude, slow, buggy, and problematic software) into one in which they are surrounded by great, intuitive tools that help them do their most important work. And we need your help. We're building a rare team of scientists, software engineers, designers, and ML researchers that work together closely and humbly to do this.
Our mission is to give scientists the best tools in the world to help them fight disease. We’re bringing new software, design, and machine learning tools to bear on this challenge.
Yes, you belong
We are building a cross-functional team. You don’t need ANY background in biology, just as we don't expect our biologists to be experts in design or engineering. We do expect our teams to work respectfully, closely, and humbly – learning together every day.
We value building a diverse, inclusive environment and welcome all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
- Experienced software engineer. 5+ years of hands-on professional experience in software engineering and web development.
- Anywhere on the stack. We need strong engineers in frontend, backend, infra – it’s all great. Both fullstack generalists and specialists in any of the above are welcome.
- Relentless builder and voracious learner: You consider yourself a doer. You're motivated by creating products, technologies, and tools that will have outsized impact. You're intellectually curious and love learning new things across a wide variety of disciplines.
- Gets things done. More so than anything else, this position needs somebody who Gets Things Done. We need you to be excited to tackle a whole smörgåsbord of challenges and to pragmatically knock 'em out.
- Highly Collaborative. Work well within a team environment with a team that consists of engineers, biologists, designers, data scientists, and more while also being able to function as an individual contributor with self-direction and accountability.
- Tends towards ownership. You do anything necessary to solve the problem at hand.
- Maturity in the face of ambiguity. You help define questions instead of just answering them. You work to resolve ambiguity and feel comfortable making decisions when it remains.
- Crisp communicator. You excel at crisp, concise written or spoken communication. You love learning and teaching others in a cross-functional team (we're biologists, computational folks, and more).
- Driven by impact. You're most motivated when working on a problem of significant consequence, no matter what's necessary to do so.
- Competitive salary and equity in a growing, well-funded startup
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy feedback-focused environment — leadership will have high expectations, regularly share constructive feedback, expect you to grow, and welcome receiving input from you.
A unique moment
We have deep support from some of the best investors in the world: General Catalyst, First Round, Felicis, Laura Deming's Longevity Fund, pharma/biotech angels, and many more. Our advisors are world leaders in software development, drug discovery, and entrepreneurship.
We're just getting started. You're joining a team that has the funding needed to be ambitious while it’s still early enough to help define our culture, choices, and success. Our expectations of you — and of ourselves — are high.