Spring is accelerating the discovery of therapies for aging and its related diseases. A tight integration of biology and machine learning is at our core, and we're building a rare team of scientists and computational folks working together to accelerate our innovative approach to modeling the biology of aging (in vitro and in vivo) and turning experimental data into therapeutic insight.
Aging is the single greatest risk factor for the most detrimental diseases on Earth — cardiovascular disease, neurodegenerative disease, pulmonary disease, cancer, muscle wasting, and more — and drugs that slow the biological damage accumulated while aging have the potential to reduce the incidences of these diseases, possibly simultaneously. We believe that in the not-too-distant future, the discovery of therapies for aging will provide some of the most effective tools in history for reducing our burden of disease and extending our healthy lifespan.
Our mission is to dramatically accelerate the realization of that future. And we’re bringing a new set of machine learning tools to bear on this challenge.
- Office management- Work directly with the Chief of Staff and Operations Manager to provide support and manage the organization and functionality of the office space
- Team Culture- support in the crafting of fun & engaging activities, events, off-sites experiences to ensure employees continue to feel connected
- Back office support- support accounts payable, organization of contracts, billing, and compliance paperwork
- Travel Logistics- support flights, hotels, transportation, dining, etc. planning for both our remote employees as well as job candidates
We are building an interdisciplinary team. We don't expect you to have a background in machine learning, just as we don't expect our computer scientists to be expert biologists. We do expect our teams to work closely and learn together day in and day out.
We value building a diverse, inclusive environment and welcome all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
A unique opportunity
We have deep support from some of the best investors in the world: General Catalyst, First Round, Felicis, Laura Deming's Longevity Fund, Susa, pharma/biotech angels, and many more. Our advisors are world leaders in aging research, senior execs at pharma, and top tech entrepreneurs.
And at the same time, we're just getting started. You're joining a team that has the funding needed to be ambitious while still early enough to help define our culture, choices, and success. Our expectations of you — and of ourselves — are high.
- 1+ years of preferably office management or EA experience in either tech or biotech
- Ability to adapt quickly to last-minute needs in a diverse, fast-growing startup and execute tasks in a timely and out of the box manner
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities while working independently
- Comfortable with working in ambiguity
- Not afraid to “get your hands dirty”
Nice to Haves
- Some general science background or science interest
- Experience with Airtable, Asana, GSuite, Bill.com, Slack, and Notion
- Competitive salary and equity in a growing, well-funded startup
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy feedback-focused environment — leadership will have high expectations, regularly share constructive feedback, expect you to grow, and welcome receiving feedback from you