Spring is accelerating the discovery of therapies for aging and its related diseases. A tight integration of biology and machine learning is at our core, and we're building a rare team of scientists and computational folks that work together closely, fighting disease.
We're hiring a Program Manager in Discovery and Early Development to guide our discovery programs into the clinic across multiple therapeutic areas.
Aging is the single greatest risk factor for the most detrimental diseases on Earth — cardiovascular disease, neurodegenerative disease, pulmonary disease, cancer, muscle wasting, and more — and drugs that slow the biological damage accumulated while aging have the potential to reduce the incidences of these diseases, possibly simultaneously. We believe that in the not-too-distant future, the discovery of therapies for aging will provide some of the most effective tools in history for reducing our burden of disease and extending our healthy lifespan.
Our mission is to dramatically accelerate the realization of that future. And we’re putting world-leading technology in the hands of scientists fighting our most ambitious battle against disease.
Yes, you belong
We are building a cross-functional team. We don't expect you to have a background in machine learning, just as we don't expect our computational folks to be expert biologists. We do expect our teams to work respectfully and closely, learning together every day.
We value building a diverse, inclusive environment and welcome all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
- Industry experience. 3+ years of direct project management experience in biotech or pharma. Familiarity with the overall drug discovery and development process up to initial clinical trial initiation and execution, including CMC, Regulatory, Safety and Clinical Operations.
- Operational excellence. You are detail-oriented and have excellent project management skills.
- Tends towards ownership. You do anything necessary to solve the problem at hand and when doing so, take a structured and methodical approach.
- Maturity in face of ambiguity. You help define questions instead of just answering them. You work to resolve ambiguity — and you're comfortable making decisions when it remains.
- Crisp communicator. You excel at crisp, concise written or spoken communication.
- Driven by impact. You're most motivated when working on a problem of important consequence, no matter what's necessary to do so.
- Partner with project leads to develop and execute product strategies from discovery through clinical development
- Develop and maintain multidisciplinary project plans, timelines, budgets
- Serve as the cross-functional glue by communicating updates within the project and across Spring
- Contribute to pipeline strategy, including anticipating risks and developing mitigation strategies
A unique moment
We have deep support from some of the best investors in the world: General Catalyst, First Round, Felicis, Laura Deming's Longevity Fund, pharma/biotech angels, and many more. Our advisors are world leaders in aging research, senior execs at pharma, and top tech entrepreneurs.
And at the same time, we're just getting started. You're joining a team that has the funding needed to be ambitious while still early enough to help define our culture, choices, and success. Our expectations of you — and of ourselves — are high.
To fighting disease, together!