Spring is accelerating the discovery of therapies for aging and its related diseases. A tight integration of biology and machine learning is at our core, and we're building a rare team of scientists and computational folks that work together closely, fighting disease.
We're hiring a Head of Business Development & Licensing to lead our licensing and partnerships efforts and build out Spring’s clinical-stage pipeline. Success for this role will be driven by in-licensing multiple clinical-stage therapeutic assets over the next 2 years.
Aging is the single greatest risk factor for the most detrimental diseases on Earth — cardiovascular disease, neurodegenerative disease, pulmonary disease, cancer, muscle wasting, and more — and drugs that slow the biological damage accumulated while aging have the potential to reduce the incidences of these diseases, possibly simultaneously. We believe that in the not-too-distant future, the discovery of therapies for aging will provide some of the most effective tools in history for reducing our burden of disease and extending our healthy lifespan.
Our mission is to dramatically accelerate the realization of that future. And we’re bringing a new set of machine learning tools to bear on this challenge.
Yes, you belong
We are building a cross-functional team. We don't expect you to have a background in machine learning, just as we don't expect our computational folks to be expert biologists. We do expect our teams to work respectfully and closely, learning together every day.
We value building a diverse, inclusive environment and welcome all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
- 10+ years of experience in business development and licensing activities — you have an established record of successful transactions and an extensive network of industry contacts
- Experience on both sides of the table — ideally, you have in-licensed therapeutic assets for smaller biotechs and established partnerships with big pharma
- Strong communication skills — you make impactful first impressions, you love learning and teaching others in a cross-functional team (we're biologists, computational folks, and more)
- You do anything necessary to solve the problem at hand
- You're most motivated when working on a problem of important consequence, no matter what's necessary to do so
- Collaborate with teammates to identify and prioritize opportunities to pursue that align with scientific conviction and business strategy
- Lead diligence of in-licensing candidates with cross-functional engagement from biology, clinical development, regulatory, legal & IP, decision science and data science
- Be the first point of contact for potential licensors and partners
- Negotiate and lead execution of licensing transactions
- Actively shape company strategy and success through tight, regular integration with the executive team
- Contribute to a dynamic and exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation
- Competitive salary and equity in a growing, well-funded startup
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy feedback-focused environment — leadership will have high expectations, regularly share constructive feedback, expect you to grow, and welcome receiving feedback from you
A unique moment
We have deep support from some of the best investors in the world: General Catalyst, First Round, Felicis, Laura Deming's Longevity Fund, pharma/biotech angels, and many more. Our advisors are world leaders in aging research, senior execs at pharma, and top tech entrepreneurs.
And at the same time, we're just getting started. You're joining a team that has the funding needed to be ambitious while still early enough to help define our culture, choices, and success. Our expectations of you — and of ourselves — are high.
To fighting disease, together!