Spring is accelerating the discovery of therapies for aging and its related diseases. A tight integration of biology and machine learning is at our core, and we're building a rare team of scientists and computational folks that work together closely, fighting disease.
We're hiring a Head of Clinical Development to drive Spring's clinical strategy by taking our IND/early clinical programs through to market.
Aging is the single greatest risk factor for the most detrimental diseases on Earth — cardiovascular disease, neurodegenerative disease, pulmonary disease, cancer, muscle wasting, and more — and drugs that slow the biological damage accumulated while aging have the potential to reduce the incidences of these diseases, possibly simultaneously. We believe that in the not-too-distant future, the discovery of therapies for aging will provide some of the most effective tools in history for reducing our burden of disease and extending our healthy lifespan.
Our mission is to dramatically accelerate the realization of that future. And we’re bringing a new set of machine learning tools to bear on this challenge.
Yes, you belong
We are building a cross-functional team. We don't expect you to have a background in machine learning, just as we don't expect our computational folks to be expert biologists. We do expect our teams to work respectfully and closely, learning together every day.
We value building a diverse, inclusive environment and welcome all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, education, age, or other personal characteristics.
- MD or MD/PhD
- Minimum 10+ years of industry experience with broad exposure in clinical drug development, preferably with deep experience in immunology and/or dermatology
- Established record of building and leading cross-functional development teams with both internal and external partners in areas such as pharmacology, safety/toxicology, regulatory affairs, CMC, and operations
- Warm relationships with scientific, regulatory, and clinical KOLs and ability to create partnerships to help clinical programs
- Strong communication skills — you love learning and teaching others in a cross-functional team (we're biologists, computational folks, and more)
- You do anything necessary to solve the problem at hand
- You're most motivated when working on a problem of important consequence, no matter what's necessary to do so.
- Develop strategic clinical roadmaps for top drug candidates and licensing targets
- Lead and contribute to go/no go decisions for top targets, licensing decisions, and clinical development stages
- Act as a proficient intermediary between Spring and regulatory/healthcare gatekeepers throughout clinical cycles
- Accountable for generation of data to support regulatory filings and to enable innovative clinical development plans
- Present at group, company, and external meetings/conferences
- Contribute to a dynamic and exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation
- Competitive salary and equity in a growing, well-funded startup
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation policy
- Healthy feedback-focused environment — leadership will have high expectations, regularly share constructive feedback, expect you to grow, and welcome receiving feedback from you
A unique moment
We have deep support from some of the best investors in the world: General Catalyst, First Round, Felicis, Laura Deming's Longevity Fund, pharma/biotech angels, and many more. Our advisors are world leaders in aging research, senior execs at pharma, and top tech entrepreneurs.
And at the same time, we're just getting started. You're joining a team that has the funding needed to be ambitious while still early enough to help define our culture, choices, and success. Our expectations of you — and of ourselves — are high.
To fighting disease, together!